Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Harvey gets a week

Isn't shepherding allowed only within 5 meters off the ball? If it's not shepherding what is it?

I think that is one of the points, it was far beyond 5 metres. Nearly all other players could have done the same thing and be playing next week but comes back to past record.

Veterans List
    If I was a North supporter I would be pretty annoyed with Harvey. Very undisciplined player. Not just because of the suspensions but also the down field/50 metre penalties he gives away.

Buddy was guilty of the down field frees early in the year but he seems to have improved!

Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    Harvey shepherded Selwood out of the contest after he hand passed and attempted an overlap one-two (you can see Selwood call for the ball just before he runs into Harvey). May not have been technically legal but it was within the run of play and this sort of body on body contact occurs all the time off the ball (particularly in the forward line).

You can't honestly tell me that if McGlynn was out this week for something similar you wouldn't be pretty annoyed?
    Id be pissed at benny for doing something so stupid. There was no need for harvey to do what he did - as I said, if he hadnt done as many stupid things recently, he wouldnt have so many carryover points and it wouldnt be an issue. Deserves a week just for his repeated stupidity haha!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    I dont think the hit is more than 5m away from the ball. If it is its certainly not more than 10.

Sets a horrible precedent. Its nothing like the Fyfe one from this year as his was a crunching bump. This didnt even knock Selwood over. I agree that it shouldnt make a difference if its the season or finals as far as tribunals are concerned.

But if Harvey is rubbed out, then Buddy should have gone following the Gold Coast game without question.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Veterans List
    Titus O'Reily ?@TitusOReily 2m
    North Melbourne wondering if anyone could give Brent Harvey a lift to the Tribunal.

Veterans List
    Titus O'Reily ?@TitusOReily 3m
    Joel Selwood has arrived at the tribunal, but in bad news for Boomer, he is still bleeding.

I really enjoy Titus O'Reilly's tweets

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by DamY View Post
    I really enjoy Titus O'Reilly's tweets
    I've just discovered him but a few have been too good not to share. I didn't share the one where he posted that Norf had asked if someone could give Brent a lift to the tribunal and some else posted that Buddy was available.

It took me a while to figure out it was based on North being cash-strapped, but yeh, I favourite his tweets often lol

On the veteran's list
    not guilty
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Veterans List
    Harvey let off. He'll play.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast