Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2014 All Australian Team

Goes up to 11
    AA is always done partly on reputation. Pendles was a worthy recipient of a spot. If Luke has a good year again in 2015, he should be in...

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    AA is always done partly on reputation. Pendles was a worthy recipient of a spot. If Luke has a good year again in 2015, he should be in...
    Yeah, Pendles was very good this season. People tend to remember the end of the year most, and the end-of-season capitulation by the Pies has probably taken the gloss off it.

Parks did have an AA worthy season, but every year there are 30 or so players who can make that claim. I quite like the idea of waiting for players to back it up for another year first, unless they've been so outstanding they simply can't be overlooked (Wingard last year, Heppell this year). On that basis, I thought Brodie Smith a little fortunate. However, there weren't really many outstanding half back flankers nominated for the squad this year so he almost made it by default. If he'd scored a place at the expense of Mal I'd have been pretty annoyed. He's good at the run and carry but he played in a defence that was judged to have one of the best KPDs yet still leaked an incredible amount of goals. Mal's defensive side has gone up several notches in the last few seasons, meaning he's far more than just a rebounder. He's a core part of the meanest defence in the land.

it is still pick a fair few players from a fair few clubs to mix to plse everyone

but overall it is splitting hairs on a few players really !
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123