Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014 All Australian Team

Veteran Site Admin
    It brings to 10 the number of current Swans who have earned All Australian honours wearing the red and the white.

Read more: Four Sydney Swans players named in All Australian team
    Franklin
    Kennedy
    Smith
    Malceski
    McVeigh
    Hanners
    Jack
    Richards
    Goodes
    O'Keefe

Not a bad list of players we've had the pleasure of watching over the past few seasons.

I was especially pleased that Malceski finally earned the honour, after nearly making it on several previous occasions. Given how punctuated his career has been with knee injuries, he's been a remarkably consistent performer over a long stretch of time and, like Leo Barry and Nick Davis, will eventually retire with a key "moment" to savour.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Franklin
    Kennedy
    Smith
    Malceski
    McVeigh
    Hanners
    Jack
    Richards
    Goodes
    O'Keefe

Not a bad list of players we've had the pleasure of watching over the past few seasons.

I was especially pleased that Malceski finally earned the honour, after nearly making it on several previous occasions. Given how punctuated his career has been with knee injuries, he's been a remarkably consistent performer over a long stretch of time and, like Leo Barry and Nick Davis, will eventually retire with a key "moment" to savour.
    Hopefully Malceski can be the shining light of hope for AJ (whether he is at the club or not) - his story of coming back from awful injuries to rise to the cream of the crop is inspiring, and hopefully it'll help inspire AJ to push on in his ongoing battle to recover.

Great to see 4 of them get in there this year, and parker was pretty stiff not to make it as well - his time will come though.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Franklin
    Kennedy
    Smith
    Malceski
    McVeigh
    Hanners
    Jack
    Richards
    Goodes
    O'Keefe

Two moments Liz - don't forget his amazing first Swan's goal of the 2012 GF.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Two moments Liz - don't forget his amazing first Swan's goal of the 2012 GF.
    Lots of players score lots of great goals, or do other acts on the ground that are critical to the outcome of a game. But his first goal isn't in the same category as the last. It's not about the quality of the play - just the fact that it was the act that led to the moment when the world knew the game was won, and his run down the ground with other Swans mobbing him along the way is the moment of elation captured in the media and in the hearts of every Swans fan watching.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    and the call...'Hannebery to Malceski...Sydney are PREMIERS!'

or something like that
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Is that the Grand Final? *pregnant pause* Sydney are premiers!

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Is that the Grand Final? *pregnant pause* Sydney are premiers!
    I should know...only watched the replay about 70 times! Might be because I'm always jumping up and shouting at that stage!
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    I should know...only watched the replay about 70 times! Might be because I'm always jumping up and shouting at that stage!
    So you were that kid at Darling Harbour?

Haha nah not me! I was at the Story Bridge Hotel in Brisbane on a footy trip...refusing to drink until after the game had finished because I wanted to be sober enough to remember it properly!
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Parker must have been so close.

Regular in the Side
    Jason Dunstall reckons Parker was the most stiff to miss out. And Pendles must have had a number of blinders that I didn't see.

No way Pendlebury had a better year than Parker. He's in on reputation. You could argue that he had a weaker team around him, but you can still be in that situation and stand out, as Ablett and Reiwoldt did.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast