Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nick Davis in the 2014 Swans

Suspended by the MRP
    I was sitting with some mates who were Brisbane Lions supporters at the 2003 preliminary final at ANZ. Our seats were very close to the boundary.

One of the guys in the group gave Nick Davis the most severe spray I had ever heard as he minded the mark near the boundary. The spray occurred late in the 4th quarter when the Swans were clearly going to lose.

He screamed "Davis your soft" and told him how he had lost the 2012 GF for Collingwood and now had contributed to the Swans Prelim final lost. Davis actually turned to see who was screaming at him in the crowd.

My mate felt bad about the spray he delivered and made an apology to Nick through a friend who worked at the Swans at the time.

It was nice to see Nick get his 2005 flag after that spray in 2003. He also scored some telling goals in the 2006 GF that got us back into the game.

On the Rookie List
    Watching Nick Davis slotting goals from the boundary on the fifty metre line at yesterday's open practice session showed what a big kick he has. He was "torping" the ball beautifully. A kicking role in the NFL beckons.
    Run2Live,Live2Run

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123