Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Brownlow Medal Count

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Yes that was what I thought as it flashed past on the TV screen! Fitting result and good omen for Saturday!
    Here's an even better omen : A Swan won a Brownlow in 2006 - but not in 2005 or 2012.

And my vote for the classiest best-dressed couple goes to:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411393459.367430.jpg

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Classy, sharp, not pretentious, similar vertical and horizontal dimensions, I like it!
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Another rookie-listed player does good.....

If it couldn't be a Swan, he's just about the next best option. Good on him...
    Yeah, great to see a rookie-drafted player win it.

2014 is the first year since 2000 that Adam Goodes has not received a Brownlow vote. He didn't score votes in his first two years and then received votes every year from 2001 to 2013.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Priddis seems like a genuinely good person and good on him for winning it, but I don't think he's in the best 30 players in the AFL.

The All-Aus selectors shouldn't be red-faced, they definitely know more about our game than the umpires do.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    An important factor in Priddis' win is durability; you have a better chance if you play more games. Congratulations to him, he's a deserving winner.

I think that umpires become aware of various players during the season. If you were a betting person you'd ask for odds now on Robbie Gray and Luke Parker.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    Priddis seems like a genuinely good person and good on him for winning it, but I don't think he's in the best 30 players in the AFL.

The All-Aus selectors shouldn't be red-faced, they definitely know more about our game than the umpires do.
    He was No 1 for possessions and No 3 for clearances for the competition. That's usually a fairly good indicator. He's just not been noticed because WC were mostly anonymous in the east this season.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    I understand that he had a good season...but would you take him ahead of any of Kennedy, Hannebery, Parker, Jack, McVeigh or McGlynn?

I'm not sure if it's just me being biased...but I personally wouldn't. I'd have him ahead of Bird (just) and maybe Mitchell at the moment.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

He also benefited from playing mostly a lonehand on their midfield

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    I understand that he had a good season...but would you take him ahead of any of Kennedy, Hannebery, Parker, Jack, McVeigh or McGlynn?

I'm not sure if it's just me being biased...but I personally wouldn't. I'd have him ahead of Bird (just) and maybe Mitchell at the moment.
    I wouldn't argue with that, but our blokes took points off each other, as Melbourne_Blood pointed out. It's the Gary-Ablett-in-a-bunch-of-newbies effect.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    2014 is the first year since 2000 that Adam Goodes has not received a Brownlow vote. He didn't score votes in his first two years and then received votes every year from 2001 to 2013.
    Would have almost got a vote last Friday.....leaving his best for when it counts the most!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast