Five AFL Grand Finals: 2010, 2010 replay, 2011, 2012 and 2013

Chris Appleton
    185 AFL matches. 15 Finals.
    Grand Final Debut

Emergency Goal Umpire: Chelsea Roffey
    166 AFL Games, 14 Finals.
    2012 Grand Final

We are totally screwed.

Stevic got Whoreforlorn into the GF in 2012, by totally screwing Adelaide. Was single handedly accountable for the 21-12 free kick count against us in the grand final. Got them over the line in this years Prelim by giving every 50/50 free kick in favour of Hawthorn, and that last holding the ball against Port in the Prelim final he may as well have waved his Hawthorn membership ticket instead of blowing the whistle.

He is a certified paid up member of the HFC and we are seriously in trouble with him "umpiring" because the bloke is a cheat.

Bet there is no complaints on the Big Footy or other Hawthorn Boards about Stevics appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor J. View Post
    We are totally screwed.

Stevic got Whoreforlorn into the GF in 2012, by totally screwing Adelaide. Was single handedly accountable for the 21-12 free kick count against us in the grand final. Got them over the line in this years Prelim by giving every 50/50 free kick in favour of Hawthorn, and that last holding the ball against Port in the Prelim final he may as well have waved his Hawthorn membership ticket instead of blowing the whistle.

He is a certified paid up member of the HFC and we are seriously in trouble with him "umpiring" because the bloke is a cheat.

Bet there is no complaints on the Big Footy or other Hawthorn Boards about Stevics appointment.
    We were good enough to overcome it in 2012, and if we are good enough on saturday, it won't matter what Stevic does, we will win again.

I do agree that he is a pretty ordinary umpire however!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    Darren Goldspink was once the whipping boy here,wasn't he?

In 2005 , he did not officiate in our 4-point loss v West Coast - which , ironically , was blamed (by some) on poor umpiring.

Goldy - or as I prefer to call him , Lucky (as in , lucky for us)- was there in the other three games,which we won.

Umpires Schmumpires.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    We were good enough to overcome it in 2012, and if we are good enough on saturday, it won't matter what Stevic does, we will win again. I do agree that he is a pretty ordinary umpire however!
    Tell that to Adelaide & Port Adelaide.

All I ask for is a fair contest. You just don't get that with Stevic when Hawthorn is your opponent.

Veterans List
    We are totally screwed.

I read on their Big Footy board that apparently the umpires are our 'bench'.... gee they're a ****** deluded mob!

Tell that to Adelaide & Port Adelaide.

All I ask for is a fair contest. You just don't get that with Stevic when Hawthorn is your opponent.
    I'm not saying he hasn't got form - far from that. But we are a good enough team that if we play at our best for enough of the game, we will win. The umps can only do so much in the end - even if one of them is 23rd man for the opposition.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    I'm fretting about the chosen umpires. But you can't say they cost Port the game - poor kicking did that. If they'd kicked straight in the first quarter they would have won.

Stevic nearly destroyed us in 2012...he's back to finish the job.
    Swannies for life!

Quote Originally Posted by Swansinger View Post
    Darren Goldspink was once the whipping boy here,wasn't he?

In 2005 , he did not officiate in our 4-point loss v West Coast - which , ironically , was blamed (by some) on poor umpiring.

Goldy - or as I prefer to call him , Lucky (as in , lucky for us)- was there in the other three games,which we won.

Umpires Schmumpires.
    Don't forget good ole Scotty Mclaren!

I don't buy into the notion that umpires deliberately favour teams, but Stevic so often sees free kicks from the Hawks POV. 50/50s for them are paid and the ones against them aren't to the same extent and it's those that really kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I read on their Big Footy board that apparently the umpires are our 'bench'.... gee they're a ****** deluded mob!
    Amazing.

They really are a deluded mob. The problem with them is they think every contest should be a Hawthorn free kick. When it doesn't happen they scream whinge and moan like stuck pigs. Thats why they think the umpires are against them. I have met Hawthorn supporters who will argue that they were hard done by in the 2012 grand final, and it was the umpires that got us home.

As I said amazing.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast