Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Finals Media (Swans articles)

Veterans List
    Terry Wallet on SEN this afternoon in his regular analyst spot ended up going for Hawthorn because they have been able to overcome every challenge this season.

Others have been looking for reasons how they can adjust their side so than combat our tall forwards. Like North last week they keep coming up with reasons why we cant win, whilst saying we are the overwhelming favourite.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    I think Plough only tipped the Hawks because he played for them...it really was a Hawthorn love-fest with him and Harf

Marngook show tonight had a lovely segment on the last training session,also some good interviews...

Veterans List
    On AFL360 tonight they interviewed Horse and there was a joke about meeting Jale Lloyd with a gas mask. It was from an article a few days ago. Does anyone know what the in joke was all about?

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    On AFL360 tonight they interviewed Horse and there was a joke about meeting Jale Lloyd with a gas mask. It was from an article a few days ago. Does anyone know what the in joke was all about?
    Here you go:

No Cookies | Herald Sun
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Was browsing through the Herald Sun today looking for swans articles when I stumbled across the Hawks team liftout:
    xdfsr7.jpg

I found an appropriate place for it.
    2vbwjk7.jpg

I encourage other swans supporters to put pee and poo where it belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
    Was browsing through the Herald Sun today looking for swans articles when I stumbled across the Hawks team liftout:
    xdfsr7.jpg

2vbwjk7.jpg

As long as the boys do the same thing on the park tomorrow, then we will all be happy!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

A bit of Buddy love
    Sydney Swans' $10m man Lance 'Buddy' Franklin the biggest name in town

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
    xdfsr7.jpg

2vbwjk7.jpg

I would but I'm concerned with the environmental impact
    Can't we just papier-m�ch� them into a giant middle finger to leave outside eddie's house?
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

I cannot believe that the Peter Fitzsimmon I know is almost conceding that his downright bullying assessment of the Swans and Buddy Franklin franchise may have been incorrect. It makes me feel a bit uncomfortable. I stopped reading all his articles after his lacerating assessment. Told him so too. But, Peter Fitzsimmon changing his mind.......that is realllllly ummm uncommon.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Just wild about Harry
    Interview this morning with Josh Dunkley on SEN where he said that the 'ill feeling' between Andrew and the Swans was a media fabrication and he didnt even know about it until the kids at school told him. Andy Maher went on to say later that Josh is top 10 - possibly top 5. Amazing how good they are if they are somehow connected to the Swans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    Interview this morning with Josh Dunkley on SEN where he said that the 'ill feeling' between Andrew and the Swans was a media fabrication and he didnt even know about it until the kids at school told him. Andy Maher went on to say later that Josh is top 10 - possibly top 5. Amazing how good they are if they are somehow connected to the Swans.
    He barracks for the swans and visited the club recently.

Sydney Swans have no excuses against Hawthorn Hawks

"We pride ourselves on hard work and, yeah, we've got a bit of talent up forward and around the ground, but that doesn't excuse hard work," McVeigh said. "We're guys that want to play two-way football and we do that.

"So it doesn't concern us if we're hated [or] we're loved, it's just what it is. We're in a grand final and that's all we're thinking about."
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast