Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best pubs in South Melbourne for celebrations?

Warming the Bench
    Anyone been to The Honey Bar?

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    The Limerick Hotel 364 Clarendon Street, South Melbourne.

Being there every GF since 2005!

Always filled with Swanies, and they have a replay going on a loop, or did the last time.
    doof-doof

Agree. The Rising Sun is one of the best. It rocked the night of the 2012 GF!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Wizard View Post
    The Limerick Hotel 364 Clarendon Street, South Melbourne.

Being there every GF since 2005!

Always filled with Swanies, and they have a replay going on a loop, or did the last time.
    This - was awesome after 2012

Quote Originally Posted by joemoore12 View Post
    Anyone been to The Honey Bar?
    I haven't been to the relatively new The Honey Bar but, then again, I do prefer to go to traditional, bricks and mortar pubs with a history and, when celebrating a grand final presence, the ghosts of South fans of old who spent many years crying in their beer.

Directly on the other side of Clarendon Street from THB is The Limerick Arms Hotel. Much better option IMHO.

As I stated in a previous thread, as a local, my two favourite South Melbourne pubs are The Cricketers Club (Clarendon Street - the closest to Lakeside Oval) and The Rising Sun (Cnr Eastern Road and Raglan Street). I'll be stopping in both before and after the game for a tipple but you can try any of the following South Melbourne pubs. All will be full of Sydney/South fans all day on Saturday. The Railway, The Wayside Inn, O'Connell's, The Montague, The George, The Bay View (Lamaro's), Th The Water Rat, The Palmerston, The Golden Gate, The Star, The Clarendon, The Maori Chief, Bell's, The Town Hall ...

Senior Player
    The Cricketer's has been renovated and renamed - can't remember the name but looks pretty posh now - may not be the place to go any more. Town Hall (not the pub which has closed) is flying the Swans flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    The Cricketer's has been renovated and renamed - can't remember the name but looks pretty posh now - may not be the place to go any more. Town Hall (not the pub which has closed) is flying the Swans flag.
    Yep all very posh.
    Called Coppersmiths now. Doubt weather it would embrace the football crowd but you never know

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor J. View Post
    Yep all very posh.
    Called Coppersmiths now. Doubt weather it would embrace the football crowd but you never know
    Ate there tonight, outstanding feed. Doubt it's the place to go to after a GF tho.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12