Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drown out the boos with SYYYYDDDDNNNEEEEYYYYYYY

Blog Entries

Drown out the boos with SYYYYDDDDNNNEEEEYYYYYYY

I was given this idea by a woman on Facebook.

I think it's a sure bet that Hawks fan will boo Buddy Franklin on Grand Final day, particularly when going for goal. If this does happen (as per when we last played Hawthorn), I think there is a very good chance that it will put Buddy off focus again. Has anyone else thought about this and got any ideas for both assisting Buddy and combating this? Do we slow chant Sydney loudly with the aim to drown out Hawks supporters or do we do the same to any Hawks player who might be going for goal? It would be great to get something going. Thoughts?
    Some else has already suggested this with Goodes.

I reckon every time Goodes or Franklin go near the ball, we start the slow Sydney chant to drown out the boos.

Sounds like a plan??
    Spread the word!!

Veteran Site Admin
    It's hard at a large ground with 15,000 supporters of each club, strategically spread out by the ticket selling agencies and interspersed with a lot of corporate theatre goers. But it also means that the impact of any booing will be practically non-existent.

Happy and I know it
    The Sydney chant came across very clearly on TV during the 2012 GF. Would love to hear it again this time.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Senior Player
    Nice idea ! Anyone who is not doing their bit to be 23rd man for us does not deserve to be at the game.Young,old ,male, female,white, black,yellow, shy?
    I don't care : on GF Day,you are a fanatical, frothing,passionate,decibel-charged SYDNEY SWANS SUPPORTER.

Oh - and boo EVERY free awarded against us , even if it is legitimate. Don't worry if opposition fans think you do not know the rules - that is not the point.

And in goal review scenarios it is critically important to exclaim loudly in the swans favour at the pivotal moment of the slow mo replay on the big screen. Even the 3rd umpire can be influenced.

Hawthorn fans will be shattered: Newbold (club president) tells them not to boo Buddy.

Boo Buddy at your peril, says Hawks president - AFL.com.au

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    Hawthorn fans will be shattered: Newbold (club president) tells them not to boo Buddy.

Boo Buddy at your peril, says Hawks president - AFL.com.au
    And do you think they will listen

He didn't say anything about not booing Goodesy, so that's their opening.

I was there in round 18 and with 65,000 mad Dawks supporters booing every time Goodes and Buddy went near the ball it was amazing. Never experienced anything like that in my life.

C'mon Swan supporters - lets cheer our hearts out and let the Dawks know we are in town and supporting our great club.

Quote Originally Posted by Swansinger View Post
    Nice idea ! Anyone who is not doing their bit to be 23rd man for us does not deserve to be at the game.Young,old ,male, female,white, black,yellow, shy?
    I don't care : on GF Day,you are a fanatical, frothing,passionate,decibel-charged SYDNEY SWANS SUPPORTER.

Oh - and boo EVERY free awarded against us , even if it is legitimate. Don't worry if opposition fans think you do not know the rules - that is not the point.
    Totally agree with this. I'm sick to death of seeing half-hearted swans supporters being at the Grand Final. I want every swans supporter to get a sore voice like I did at ANZ on Friday, and be completely one-eyed and united.

If they drown out the boos with the Syyyydney chant... it will be superb. Make it happen everyone.

DAYS
    1 5
    HOURS
    0 2
    MINUTES
    1 3
    SECONDS

Well it was a few moments ago

Just tuning the vocals

Go you good thing

Carn the SWANS

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar