Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 243031323334

Thread: Sydney v Hawthorn

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    The NRL just showed the AFL that you can host a grand final in sydney, at ANZ, and it has 10 times the atmosphere of the MCG because its full of actual fans not corporates.

Time for the highest qualifier to host the grand final. Time to be the AFL, not yhe VFL.
    I see where you are coming from, but i thought the atmosphere at the ground for the first quarter at least was as intense as i've ever felt.

You didn't agree?

Opti-pessi-misti
    This season Buddy is the only one in the team who threw his weight around a bit. In this area as well as others we have really missed Mummy. In the 2012 grand final LRT's aggression was a real revelation - so unlike him but was great for 'setting the tone' that day but like Mummy he has moved on. In the last GF even Buddy was the receiver of aggression rather than dishing it out. Benny is a terrier and maybe Kieran too but they are too small to worry too many and Goodesy is the only other player I can think of who can be a bit 'rough' on his way through now and again.

I would love us, some time, to have a KP back man who has a bit of mongrel. Can't see Sam Reid (!), XR or Aliir meeting that requirement. Tom Walsh may have but he's gone, so my only hope now is AJ making it back. While in no way a Brian Lake type at least he didn't let the opposition push him around.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    How about the bone crusher from BLT on Hodge in 2012? THAT set the tone.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Yes, we missed an inforcer. Fact is, the swans turned up expecting to win. Couldnt turn around their mindset, and there was no Barry Hall to be the catalyst.

We should target Ballantyne as a free agent.

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 243031323334