Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should we stoop to the Hawks level and boo a particular player?

Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    I intend to make plenty of noise tomorrow but largely in support of, and in celebration with, our boys.

It is only the umpires that will cop the boos from me and even then, only if they get something badly wrong that costs us a goal (for or against) or if they are being inconsistent to the favour of Hawthorn.

Of course, if a Hawthorn player does something particularly nasty to one of our boys - such as strangling them - I'll get a little more vocal in the negative.
    brian-lake.png

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Just watched Grand Final Parade in Collins Street. True to form the Hawthorn crowd near me booed Buddy. The Swans fans politely clapped all the Hawthorn players, gave Spangher a bit of a cheer and went wild when the Swans went past. Particularly for Adam & Buddy. And what gives with AFL players genes, they have the most beautiful children ! Macca's little girl is a stunner! (from her Mum I think ).
    I liked how the 'Syyyyydney' chant went up after the players held up the cup and Hawk supporters made a piss poor effort to counter with a 'Haaaawthorn' chant.

All they're good at is crying and complaining.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Have the utmost respect for Hawthorn as a club and as an organisation however their supporters are horrid.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Just watched Grand Final Parade in Collins Street. True to form the Hawthorn crowd near me booed Buddy. The Swans fans politely clapped all the Hawthorn players, gave Spangher a bit of a cheer and went wild when the Swans went past. Particularly for Adam & Buddy. And what gives with AFL players genes, they have the most beautiful children ! Macca's little girl is a stunner! (from her Mum I think ).
    Have you seen the swans brownlow photos - its seems very obvious to me where the beautiful children come from.

Goes up to 11
    Hopefully most Hawks supporters going to the match tomorrow are there to support their team, appreciate the fantastic effort that their guys have made in getting to thir third GF in a row, and to generally enjoy the day. That's what I'd be doing if I was fortunate enough to be there....

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Hopefully most Hawks supporters going to the match tomorrow are there to support their team, appreciate the fantastic effort that their guys have made in getting to thir third GF in a row, and to generally enjoy the day. That's what I'd be doing if I was fortunate enough to be there....
    You'd like to think so, but I bet there are plenty that will seek to spite swans fans win, lose or draw.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Generic booing is uncool but occasionally it's not only good manners but essential to pass on advice and a free character assessment, eg, if you bump into the Collingwood president in a lift.

Re Hawks supporters - I got back to my hotel room in Melbourne this afternoon to find the room had been serviced and I'd been left two gingerbread men in a cellophane bag. One iced to wear a Swans guernsey and one iced with a Hawthorn guernsey. Both have heads iced with a big smile. But an interesting difference, there are two iced dots for eyes on the Swans man as you would expect. But the Hawthorn man has only one eye. So even the baker knows what Hawthorn supporters are like!

That's fantastic Meg

Re Hawks supporters - I got back to my hotel room in Melbourne this afternoon to find the room had been serviced and I'd been left two gingerbread men in a cellophane bag. One iced to wear a Swans guernsey and one iced with a Hawthorn guernsey. Both have heads iced with a big smile. But an interesting difference, there are two iced dots for eyes on the Swans man as you would expect. But the Hawthorn man has only one eye. So even the baker knows what Hawthorn supporters are like!
    It must have been a gingerbread man version of Stevic
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    One the way to the GF Parade today I passed a one-eyed Hawks supporter. genuinely one-eyed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12