Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tom Mitchell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Afl.com.au has just rated Titch Hawthorn's most crucial player that they can least afford to lose: Please stay fit: Your club's most crucial player - AFL.com.au

Not a lot is going right for the once-mighty Hawks, so it would be just their luck if ex-Sydney Swan Tom Mitchell was forced to miss time. Mitchell, one of the men brought in to reinvent a midfield sans Jordan Lewis and Sam Mitchell, has easily been Hawthorn's best player through the first three rounds, averaging 34 disposals and more than six tackles per game. That impressive output has not saved the Hawks from an 0-3 start, but imagine how dire the situation would be if he wasn't there to carry such a heavy on-ball load. - Marc McGowan

We could certainly use him this week but I stand by our decision to let him go. As we all know "we can't have everybody" and we want to evolve our game to become more dangerous with Heeney, Mills and Jones in the midfield.
    Yes, I saw this. Thought it was very interesting article. Surprised Mitchell was Hawks most crucial.
    I would have thought our most crucial was Buddy.

He's getting lots of it but wonder if Hawthorn are used to the quality of his disposals. Quality is there way nit quantity. They also have historically preferred to spread the load so maybe they aren't quite getting what they bargained for.

Veterans List
    Our team balance misses him.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Afl.com.au has just rated Titch Hawthorn's most crucial player that they can least afford to lose: Please stay fit: Your club's most crucial player - AFL.com.au

Not a lot is going right for the once-mighty Hawks, so it would be just their luck if ex-Sydney Swan Tom Mitchell was forced to miss time. Mitchell, one of the men brought in to reinvent a midfield sans Jordan Lewis and Sam Mitchell, has easily been Hawthorn's best player through the first three rounds, averaging 34 disposals and more than six tackles per game. That impressive output has not saved the Hawks from an 0-3 start, but imagine how dire the situation would be if he wasn't there to carry such a heavy on-ball load. - Marc McGowan

We could certainly use him this week but I stand by our decision to let him go. As we all know "we can't have everybody" and we want to evolve our game to become more dangerous with Heeney, Mills and Jones in the midfield.
    And all we got for him was a piddly pick 14.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    And all we got for him was a piddly pick 14.
    Still a lot more than we gave Hawthorn for JPK.

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Now THAT made me smile.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Or Buddy!

Someone quoted an article on SEN (I think) that had turnover figures, Tom Mitchell was the highest turnoverer at the Hawks.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Or Buddy!

Someone quoted an article on SEN (I think) that had turnover figures, Tom Mitchell was the highest turnoverer at the Hawks.
    So he's still playing swans football then while at the Hawks?...no wonder they are losing games! Lol.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I'm not unhappy Mitchell is gone.

Regular in the Side
    On sen yesterday however, titch has had the most goals scored this season against him from his turnovers..and going by last nights game turnovers is a big killer for us at the moment...

Mitchell was the best handballer we had in tight and he quite often put players in the clear at a contest which is something we are struggling to do now - i can live with turnovers from players trying to create something (Kennedy and Parker ) as opposed to those who butcher the ball kicking out from defence of which we have a few.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by DA_Swan View Post
    ... - i can live with turnovers from players trying to create something (Kennedy and Parker ) as opposed to those who butcher the ball kicking out from defence of which we have a few.
    Midfield turnovers put enormous pressure on our makeshift backline. Would a bad kick by Reg cause as much grief of he was out on the wing?
    Our midfields poor skills are just as much to blame for our poor start to the year as our defence. At times this year we have have momentum but poor kicks into the forward half meant we have not put on the scoreboard pressure we should have. An extra three-five goals a game would make a big difference.
    Then again it is easy to point the finger at the backline.
    What you tell kids who play back is the ball had to get past the rest of your team before it got to you, it is a team game.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RogueSwan; 17th April 2017 at 02:20 PM.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast