Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Tom Mitchell

Well the swans may be losing the heart and effort seems to be there, cant really say the same about the hawks

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Not much brown and gold in the crowd. The have or will jump ship very quickly.
    Hope the same can't be said of us going forward.

Tom Mitchell

I was at the Hawks game too and they were woeful. Mitchell was one of their best in a poor team effort. As usual he gets plenty of the ball but generally does not hurt the opposition with his disposals and he does not have the speed to break the lines. He did give off one handball that resulted in a goal but other than that his efforts did not hurt Geelong.

Having said all of that, our midfield has struggled in the season to date so we do miss his ball getting ability to some extent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    For anyone getting too smug about the Hawks' position just remember they won 4 flags in 8 years, I think we would all be quite happy to change shoes.
    What really grinds my gears is that they didn't deserve all of those flags. They wouldn't have won in 2008 without legally breaking the rules of rushing the behinds. Geelong were by far the better side. Two of the grand finals they won they wouldn't have even been playing in had it not been for the bias and/or incompetence of the umpires.

I was never a fan of him - couldn't see what the fuss was about (was it the whole father & son thing ?? Coz he's not a patch on his dad I don't think) and let's face it - his head was elsewhere most of last year anyway.

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    What really grinds my gears is that they didn't deserve all of those flags. They wouldn't have won in 2008 without legally breaking the rules of rushing the behinds. Geelong were by far the better side.
    Sorry, but there was nothing wrong with the Hawks' 2008 win. They were big underdogs and richly deserved it. Geelong stuffed many opportunities and did not deserve to win. We need to be a bit rational, otherwise the (many) good points we can make about the crap the Swans have been subjected to in recent years will be dismissed as the same sort of bitter hysterical nonsense as this comment. Let's not devalue ourselves.
    Last edited by RogueSwan; 24th April 2017 at 10:31 AM. Reason: fised quote tags: MOD
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Veterans List
    BOG yesterday. Big loss. Might not be quick but has no trouble getting to contests.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    BOG yesterday. Big loss. Might not be quick but has no trouble getting to contests.
    And wins the ball 6 clearances 19 contested possessions yesterday. We are really missing him

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    We are really missing him
    ... and Parker and Kennedy and Hanners :-)
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    ... and Parker and Kennedy and Hanners :-)
    I think the two are related - loss of Mitchell and Jack - and loss of form of the three men standing. Too much being left to those three.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234