Page 4 of 156 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: List changes and trade bait

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    This "system" that you speak of also includes not playing injured plates until they are match fit & fully recovered, regardless of pace ... and Mitchell would understand that.
    How much match practice did Goodes get in reserves this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    How much match practice did Goodes get in reserves this year?
    Different roles & different experience. Goodsey is a match-hardened, seasoned veteran who isn't expected to run all day & is generally played as a 3rd or 4th tall forward. Mitchell would be expected to run much of the game out.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    This "system" that you speak of also includes not playing injured plates until they are match fit & fully recovered, regardless of pace ... and Mitchell would understand that.

& I don't think Mitchell is moving anywhere but ROK sadly will be (just to steer this post back on topic of "player movement")
    I'm not going after Mitchell. It's about the system. Mitchell is a key inclusion in my team for next week as we are likely to have two slow paced inside midfielders down.

Player movements will depend on money and the depth required to complete the John Longmires system.

I think there will be more pace on the list and we will have less slow inside midfielders on the list.

I see this differently.
    Karma, if you like.
    I remember when ROK went out to chase some cash and was happy to ditch his team.
    That flopped and he had no choice but to stay with the Swans.
    I'm sure there were bridges to mend if the Swans' culture is all it's cracked up to be.
    So he gets back and flourishes with the team again, then he can't win a spot in the side and I find it a lot easier to not be too upset about that.
    Been a great servant for the club, but I guess time's up.
    Agree he should receive a proper farewell though. That he hasn't indicates that he will look for another club. Hope that goes better for him this time...
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    LRT has retired - that's why the farewell. If ROK had retired, he would have gone around too.

ROK could still appear in the firsts, depending how Kennedy comes up. Otherwise he may well be taken on by another club, and while he might prefer to stay in Sydney, there may yet be a position in Melbourne for a final hurrah.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    LRT has retired - that's why the farewell. If ROK had retired, he would have gone around too.

ROK could still appear in the firsts, depending how Kennedy comes up. Otherwise he may well be taken on by another club, and while he might prefer to stay in Sydney, there may yet be a position in Melbourne for a final hurrah.
    Does ROK look sharp at Reserve Level? How far is he away from his Norm Smith form?

Be honest people ROK to slow games passed him by i loved watching him play> but lets be honest hes not Red and White legend he wanted to leave how loyal is that ?

Two premiership player and norms smith medallist and he's not a Swans legend ? Pull up

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Two premiership player and norms smith medallist and he's not a Swans legend ? Pull up
    How did you understand what he was trying to say?

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    How did you understand what he was trying to say?
    Lemme help

Quote Originally Posted by tasmania60 View Post
    Be honest people, ROK too slow, game's passed him by. I loved watching him play, but let's be honest, he's not a Red and White legend, he wanted to leave, how loyal is that?

Opti-pessi-misti
    Despite your rationale, to some, maybe many fans, ROK is a red and white legend. Having watched him run around in the red and white since he was drafted I for one appreciate his contribution to the club. If all had gone according to his plan he would have been a 300 gamer for the club at the end of this season, one of only 4 I think, ever. It is not of his choosing that it hasn't worked out that way.

I think all would be in agreement with the plan to give game-time to the young runners as the season unfolded and it became obvious that ROK no longer had the pace to be competitive. My suggestion was that he be considered for one last game in the seniors, say this coming week, so that he could exit with a bit of dignity, eg be carried off by his buddies. It would not be 'gifting' him a game, he is still capable of getting as many touches as a few others in the team but it will probably come down to whether Mitchell is physically fit enough to step up this week. I would be happy if somehow ROK gets one last game.

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Lemme help
    Thank Lemme for me.
    Nice of him to take a break from Motorhead to translate