Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: No reception for fans in Sydney

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    We were in the same jam.
    Damn this traffic jam,
    How I hate to be late.
    Thanks to James Taylor.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    I would like to know why they weren't "shattered" at qtr time or at the very least half time yesterday when they could have done something about it!
    This is the exactly why I'm still filthy. Not one leader tried anything in the 2nd qtr to turn it around.

I imagined during the week all sorts of emotions that were possible after the game. Everything from elation to being gutted. Never imagined SHAME and EMBARRASSMENT.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    This is the exactly why I'm still filthy. Not one leader tried anything in the 2nd qtr to turn it around.

I imagined during the week all sorts of emotions that were possible after the game. Everything from elation to being gutted. Never imagined SHAME and EMBARRASSMENT.
    The game reminded me of when GWS were being physically outmatched and shell shocked by more experienced teams, but one thing you have to give them with leadership- no matter how bad things got I can't remember a single game where Callan Ward didn't will himself to get to stoppages and continue to throw himself at the ball. They're different players, bug I can't recall seeing McVeigh or Jack do that during the game (obviously not the only ones).

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by paper_rival View Post
    Something about assuming they didn't really care/try doesn't sit well with me. No one dreams of playing on Grand Final day and dedicates their entire life to getting there and doesn't care when it's slipping away. I have no doubt that they were shattered inside already, the team more so than every single one of us. I don't know what the problem was, but lack of care wasn't it.
    I dunno how people can see things like, say, JPK's post-match interview and think they're not feeling it worse than we are.

Quote Originally Posted by R-1 View Post
    I dunno how people can see things like, say, JPK's post-match interview and think they're not feeling it worse than we are.
    I'm sure they are feeling horrible and only they'll know why the effort and intensity was pretty much non existent. This wasn't a team having a red hot crack and getting beaten by a better team.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    I'm sure they are feeling horrible and only they'll know why the effort and intensity was pretty much non existent. This wasn't a team having a red hot crack and getting beaten by a better team.
    Nup, this was a team that had won the game in their heads a couple of days before it was played and for some reason kept thinking it

To borrow from Matt80;
    This is just my opinion.
    (I think I'm still a bit bitter)

I had watched hoped and prayed Sydney would make the Grand Final , but as a fan for 40 something years i dont think i can forgive them . Cant watch the match again so hurt , not sure ,and this hurts if i support them again!

Quote Originally Posted by tasmania60 View Post
    I had watched hoped and prayed Sydney would make the Grand Final , but as a fan for 40 something years i dont think i can forgive them . Cant watch the match again so hurt , not sure ,and this hurts if i support them again!
    That's what following a footy team does to you Tasmania60 - it hurts like hell when it goes wrong, and it feels oh so good when it goes well. We will hopefully be back with vengeance in 2015, driven by a burning desire to right the wrongs of the last Saturday in September 2014.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Suspended by the MRP
    I watched the first two quarters of the recording today with my four year old. He just loves Franklin and Franklin provided some highlights. He also started asking me "where's Kennedy"?

I was very proud of Buddy. He so badly wanted to win and gave everything he had. There was a time in the 3rd quarter that reminded me of why I love this game. Buddy had been roughed up by a couple of Hawks players. Buddy then walks over to Gibson to voice his disapproval. Gibson listens to Buddy's concerns like he is a foreign diplomat.

Buddy and Gibson also had moments when they would give each other a friendly tap on the back after a contest.

The Luke Hodge cheek kiss also showed the love and respect that certain Hawks have for Buddy.

Football is about friendship and mates having fun. It was on full display between Buddy, Gibson and Hodge.

I'm sure Gibson and Hodge will spend some time in the offseason hanging out on the grassy knoll of North Bondi with Buddy and his new Swans mates.

I remember in the mid 2000s that the Essendon and Swans players were quite tight. I once witnessed an off season drinking session at the Coogee Palace attended by both Essendon and Swans players. All the boys on both teams were enjoying each other's company. Football is about fun and friendship and all fans should remember that.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    I watched the first two quarters of the recording today with my four year old. He just loves Franklin and Franklin provided some highlights. He also started asking me "where's Kennedy"?

I was very proud of Buddy. He so badly wanted to win and gave everything he had. There was a time in the 3rd quarter that reminded me of why I love this game. Buddy had been roughed up by a couple of Hawks players. Buddy then walks over to Gibson to voice his disapproval. Gibson listens to Buddy's concerns like he is a foreign diplomat.

Buddy and Gibson also had moments when they would give each other a friendly tap on the back after a contest.

The Luke Hodge cheek kiss also showed the love and respect that certain Hawks have for Buddy.

Football is about friendship and mates having fun. It was on full display between Buddy, Gibson and Hodge.

I'm sure Gibson and Hodge will spend some time in the offseason hanging out on the grassy knoll of North Bondi with Buddy and his new Swans mates.

I remember in the mid 2000s that the Essendon and Swans players were quite tight. I once witnessed an off season drinking session at the Coogee Palace attended by both Essendon and Swans players. All the boys on both teams were enjoying each other's company. Football is about fun and friendship and all fans should remember that.
    Tell that to the (reasonably sized) minority of feral Hawthorn fans at the MCG on Saturday!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post

There was also a moment just before half time where Hodge and Buddy competed for the ball, Buddy should have been given a free, but wasn't, and they both knew it, there was a bit of good natured chesting and grins on both of their faces. How footy should be played, not like Gibson and Lake trying to bury Buddy's head under the MCG.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    I'd much prefer to watch us winning a grand final than watching 'friendship' and 'fun' displayed by former teammates. There's no way that would have happened if we were the ones dominating...the Hawks boys were taking the piss.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123