Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 10 % into a Buddy plan.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Do you still enjoy watching him play, or do you struggle to see him in a Swans' Guernsey? I have a Hawks colleague who still loves him as his favourite player, refuses to take the no 23 off his own Hawks Guernsey, and was livid at the attempt of Lake to damage Buddy's shoulder on the weekend.
    That's great Liz! I like your colleague, a true footy fan

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Do you still enjoy watching him play, or do you struggle to see him in a Swans' Guernsey? I have a Hawks colleague who still loves him as his favourite player, refuses to take the no 23 off his own Hawks Guernsey, and was livid at the attempt of Lake to damage Buddy's shoulder on the weekend.
    I do when he isn't playing the Hawks of the Giants, took me a few rounds to get to that point though, Lake's incident wasn't pretty and he should get a 2 week holiday for it but seen worse in a grand final.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    Congrats on your win on the weekend. The Hawks were the better team and their elite foot skills stood out.

I thought Buddy's best year was 2008. He scored over 100 goals that year and was incredible. He was only 21 years old in his 4th AFL season. I honestly can't see that 100 goal mark bettered by any current player. Amazing.
    I though he played like in was 2008 all over again, I think he would have ended up with 85+ goals this season if he did not miss a couple of games and get subbed out in a few more, I also think he played a little deeper more often in 2008. 100 in a season will be tough in the current game but he will be the man to do it if it happens any time soon. Swans certainly have there money's worth out of him to date.
    Carn the Southern Power.....

Quote Originally Posted by cartman48 View Post
    Lake's incident wasn't pretty and he should get a 2 week holiday for it but seen worse in a grand final.
    I was disappointed but not the least bit surprised that the MRP didn't even mention this incident. Gave the whole day a clean sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod_ View Post
    Well the first year report card is we made a grand final.
    We had a lot of entertainment from start to finish.
    Generation next is ready to step up. (And a generation that should consider retirement and leave the building....)

Horse dealt with ROK by round 5, hopefully the end of season trip is a good one for some players and they accept the fact that the gig is up.

Big Pre season and we will be there about again in 2015.

Buddy definitely gets a pass on the first 10% of his contract.

If we had won the GF, I would have said he had paid in full...

The only downside is that we will experience some hurt as players seek a pay increase elsewhere.

Year 1 of 10 year plan. Buddy gets a Tick IMO

Rod
    I know he had a great year, but has he already got a one year extension?

Draft Scout
    Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    So many people get this wrong:
    Born Jan 1987, now is 27 contract runs out when he is 35 (same age as Goodes currently)
    I see no problem with him playing until then, his role will reduce in last 2-3 years, otherwise plenty to look forward to.

$10 Million and 9 year contract, so many commentators mix up years and dollars.
    Assume they think mm and inches are the same thing, inflated ego suggest ...yes
    Staying ahead of the game...

Regular in the Side
    I think Buddy won us a couple of games off his own boot this year. Without him we would not have been minor premiers and in that respect, maybe a few cracks were papered over.

He got us to a GF but it takes the entire team to pull off a win against the best in the land.

He's earned his money and garnered plenty of respect and fans. However, we have seen how Hawthorn continued on as if he never left. Therein lies the difference. We needed him more than they did.

Agree buddys payed for himself ,but has to !

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    If he is playing as well in year 8 as year 1 we may need to sign him for a year extension as other clubs may be hovering Assume he will be a free agent soon after.... Lol

Suspended by the MRP
    I have believed for a long time that Buddy is the greatest all round athlete ever to play AFL football. I thought Goodes as an athlete was brilliant, but Buddy is better and that's saying something.

I thought he would be an exciting player, but would dominate the Sydney party scene. I expected he would form a brat pack with his mates in League and Union and whoever was the overseas Sydney FC marquee player. I thought he would be photographed with John Ibrahim and spend a lot of time in Confidential.

None of this occurred and I was proved wrong. I think Jesinta Campbell is the Swans best off ground this year. He is very happy in his personal life and I think he is ready for captaincy.

Well done Buddy. Party hard in the next three weeks but smash the pre-season with all you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    He is very happy in his personal life and I think he is ready for captaincy.
    Don't think buddy would thrive as a captain, nor is he traditionally the type of player that we choose as captain. Leadership group, maybe, but I think he's just best concentrating on kicking goals & doing his Buddy brilliant things, & being a very marketable public face of the club.
    I hope he never strays from his current (relatively) exemplary behaviour (that car incident at the start of the year not withstanding), but if he did (& it's not beyond the realms of possibility), it's not the attention he (or the club) would need (or want) if he was captain.

But that's just my opinion

There is a lot of upside with Buddy. The look on his face when up on stage with Plugger is priceless. Just a bit star struck. Buddy I mean. There is something endearing about the man.

I do agree that he is not the type of player you would choose as a captain (see MickyO), but Leadership group yes. He has enough to do as it is.

He has bought into the Swans big time. He faaarrrr from being a "problem", he is in love with his life and his partner. He loves being in Sydney, he decided that he wanted to play with the Swans if they would have him, he always put in an effort, even at our lowest point it cannot be said that he didn't give 100%, and we got to the Granny. The kids love him, always a big indicator. On top of that, the players like him, like working with him, treat him like he is just part of the Swans mob, and that's telling in itself.

I love his smile. He just looks like a happy man in happy circumstances.

Its all good.
    Last edited by Primmy; 5th October 2014 at 04:10 PM.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Senior Player
    His partner Jesinta needs to keep her mouth shut
    No Cookies | dailytelegraph.com.au

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast