Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 10 % into a Buddy plan.

Senior Player
    I agree. Buddy was clearly best on ground a number if times during the year including the grand final. He had conducted himself with grace and always been polite and clearly enjoying playing for the swans. He endears himself to the children. my 4 year old son met buddy, Sam Reid and Keiren jack at fan day at the beginning of the year but only ever talks about lance franklin. He has a presence that my son loves. I think he does the same thing on and off the field. I think he should definitely be in our leadership group next year. Maybe not our next captain as I think Parker is perfect for our next captain.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    His partner Jesinta needs to keep her mouth shut
    No Cookies | dailytelegraph.com.au
    She spoke the truth. Her man was the one to stand up. It reminds me of Geisel getting upset at some Patriots wide receivers who were dropping her husbands (Tom Brady) passes in a Super Bowl game? The Patriots basically said she spoke the truth and moved on.

I think it's disgraceful behaviour by the other Wags to target Jesinta for her truthful comments. I think they could be jealous about her beauty, her profile, her career and the fact (according to my brother who knows her) a thoroughly lovely person.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    She spoke the truth. Her man was the one to stand up. It reminds me of Geisel getting upset at some Patriots wide receivers who were dropping her husbands (Tom Brady) passes in a Super Bowl game? The Patriots basically said she spoke the truth and moved on.
    While she might have spoken the truth, sometimes the truth should remain behind closed doors as it can cause disharmony among the team. While Jesinta may feel like others in the team might not have pulled their weight on GF day, it's probably equally upsetting for other WAGs to have their partners singled out as non-contributors. Any supportive partner would get upset at having her man, on public TV, being accused of playing crap.

I think it's disgraceful behaviour by the other Wags to target Jesinta for her truthful comments. I think they could be jealous about her beauty, her profile, her career and the fact (according to my brother who knows her) a thoroughly lovely person.
    OMG! Some of your posts are like a six degrees of separation of Matt80! Is there anyone in the football, entertainment or corporate worlds that your brother, cousin's sister or great aunt once removed, hasn't worked with, played under 12s with, or groomed their cat for, who has upset the Swans in some way, but "in your opinion" doesn't have the sun shine from their bott bott?? I haven't seen so many names dropped since Horse thumped the whiteboard at 3/4 time of the 2014 Grand Final & all the player magnets fell to the ground!

Kidding Matt, I'm sure she's nice

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    I do agree that he is not the type of player you would choose as a captain (see MickyO), but Leadership group yes. He has enough to do as it is.
    Agree with this, think he should be at least part of the leadership group, he can teach those around him a lot about footy!

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    While she might have spoken the truth, sometimes the truth should remain behind closed doors as it can cause disharmony among the team. While Jesinta may feel like others in the team might not have pulled their weight on GF day, it's probably equally upsetting for other WAGs to have their partners singled out as non-contributors. Any supportive partner would get upset at having her man, on public TV, being accused of playing crap.

OMG! Some of your posts are like a six degrees of separation of Matt80! Is there anyone in the football, entertainment or corporate worlds that your brother, cousin's sister or great aunt once removed, hasn't worked with, played under 12s with, or groomed their cat for, who has upset the Swans in some way, but "in your opinion" doesn't have the sun shine from their bott bott?? I haven't seen so many names dropped since Horse thumped the whiteboard at 3/4 time of the 2014 Grand Final & all the player magnets fell to the ground!

Kidding Matt, I'm sure she's nice
    The Swans boast about getting into rooms and ripping each other apart with "honest" feedback. This is at the heart of their higher order "leading teams system".

Judging by how Mcveigh lectures and chastises players on field, I'm sure he will be activity involved with ripping apart his team mates GF performance with "honest feedback".

Now his wife allegedly can't cop it when some "honest feedback" is directed at her husbands midfield performance. It's seem hypocritical when Mcveigh looks like he gives plenty out.

The Swans boast about getting into rooms and ripping each other apart with "honest" feedback. This is at the heart of their higher order "leading teams system".

Judging by how Mcveigh lectures and chastises players on field, I'm sure he will be activity involved with ripping apart his team mates GF performance with "honest feedback".

Now his wife allegedly can't cop it when some "honest feedback" is directed at her husbands midfield performance. It's seem hypocritical when Mcveigh looks like he gives plenty out.
    Players going at each other is one thing ... especially in the privacy of the rooms after the game. They are out on the ground playing together and answerable to each other. Partners airing their grievances, particularly in a public forum, is another all together.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Players going at each other is one thing ... especially in the privacy of the rooms after the game. They are out on the ground playing together and answerable to each other. Partners airing their grievances, particularly in a public forum, is another all together.
    A well made point.

I believe that Jesinta is a huge reason that Buddy is playing so well. I believe that the partners of K.Jack and Mcveigh need to realise and understand how important big Buddy is to their husbands ongoing success. Buddy won us the games against Fremantle (SCG game), Port Adelaide (SCG) and Richmond (MCG). Without his elite performance in those games we would have lost them and been a 5-8 football team. We would have lost the GF by close to 100 points without Buddy elite performance.

We are a 5-8 team next year without Buddy being in elite form in 2015. I think the established Wags should think carefully before upsetting Jesinta as this will only upset Buddy. If Buddy is upset then his ongoing performance will be affected and this will hurt the ambitions of Mcveigh and K.Jack.

Hypothetical question.

Would the Swans have fared better without Buddy and with Mumford in the GF?
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    Hypothetical question.

Would the Swans have fared better without Buddy and with Mumford in the GF?
    Couldnt have been worse, but doubt we would have got to the grand final without buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    There is a lot of upside with Buddy. The look on his face when up on stage with Plugger is priceless. Just a bit star struck. Buddy I mean. There is something endearing about the man.

I do agree that he is not the type of player you would choose as a captain (see MickyO), but Leadership group yes. He has enough to do as it is.

He has bought into the Swans big time. He faaarrrr from being a "problem", he is in love with his life and his partner. He loves being in Sydney, he decided that he wanted to play with the Swans if they would have him, he always put in an effort, even at our lowest point it cannot be said that he didn't give 100%, and we got to the Granny. The kids love him, always a big indicator. On top of that, the players like him, like working with him, treat him like he is just part of the Swans mob, and that's telling in itself.

I love his smile. He just looks like a happy man in happy circumstances.

Its all good.
    On that "Starstruck" bit. I made mention to some friends that at the Brownlow function he almost looked embarrassed each time he got a vote. Seems like a very shy man off the field.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Quick question on that.....have the midfield arrived in melbourne yet?
    Does God believe in Atheists?

As long as someone rips into McVeigh about his GF performance, then I don't see where the problem is.

As for the wives - keep it behind doors where possible - although I don't really have a problem with what Campbell said, as its the brutally honest truth of the matter. We don't want the 'real housewives of Bondi' to be the next no 1 hit on Australian TV
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast