Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 10 % into a Buddy plan.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    As long as someone rips into McVeigh about his GF performance, then I don't see where the problem is.

As for the wives - keep it behind doors where possible - although I don't really have a problem with what Campbell said, as its the brutally honest truth of the matter. We don't want the 'real housewives of Bondi' to be the next no 1 hit on Australian TV
    I think Jesinta and Buddy would stir a lot of jealousy around the Swans. He is the most famous player while Jesinta is the most famous and highly paid media personality.

Some Wags are probably good white collar professionals who have their own lives and let their boyfriends play football without getting politically involved. Some look like they relish being full time Wags and get politically involved in their men's business.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    I think Jesinta and Buddy would stir a lot of jealousy around the Swans. He is the most famous player while Jesinta is the most famous and highly paid media personality.

Some Wags are probably good white collar professionals who have their own lives and let their boyfriends play football without getting politically involved. Some look like they relish being full time Wags and get politically involved in their men's business.
    The may "look like" that but have you EVER heard any of them make a "political" statement? I haven't.

A lot depends how much a star@@@@er you are. I had never heard of Jesinta except through a friend from Mosman who says she is very nice. And I doubt if, in the real world, Buddy is better known than the Australian of the year. And I think our co-captains and their families might be proud that they are the leaders of the club.

Veteran Site Admin
    So a thread about our greatest on-field asset (and riskiest signing) has degenerated into a thread about WAG politics?

Suspended by the MRP
    How did News Ltd have the story? Probably because some Wags spend their spare time lunching and doing coffees with journalists and PR people.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    So a thread about our greatest on-field asset (and riskiest signing) has degenerated into a thread about WAG politics?
    Tiresome isn't it?
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I only responded to a story that another poster put on. It's linked to Buddy.

His on-field performance is linked to how things are going off the field for him

Wags can derail sporting success. The 2005 Ashes series being a case in point.

Veterans List
    Liz, the point I was trying to make was that, despite the best efforts of the Telecrap and one person here I don't see any sign of WAG politics - and I'd be very dismayed if there was.

I'm much more interested in Buddy apparently being happy to live in Sydney, happy to be with Jesinta, and happy to play with the Swans. I'll be ecstatic if that all stays in place and Buddy, Reid and Tippo all get a press-season to work out how to play together under pressure (it worked great under the no-pressure Roos) - and that Goodes stem cell treatment means we see more of the Goodes we had at the end of the season rather than the cripple at the start. (Pre-season 2014 I heard the club doctors said his knee was bone-on-bone and it was unlikely he'd get to play a game.)

On paper we have the most dangerous forward line - we just need to see that used to best advantage.

I have had a lot of non-Swans friends say that they always thought Plugger was big till they saw him with Buddy. Alongside Adam Spencer he looked as big as a house but then he shrunk when Buddy arrived. Plugger does the better comedy line, though.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    His partner Jesinta needs to keep her mouth shut
    No Cookies | dailytelegraph.com.au
    b
    I made the mistake of reading the rest of this thread before actually reading this
    "Article" . Seriously folks one throwaway line results in so much feeling and comment by Swans supporters? It was accurate and it was funny and any wife girlfriend or supporter who took it as a malicious attack on anyone in particular needs to stop being precious.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    How did News Ltd have the story? Probably because some Wags spend their spare time lunching and doing coffees with journalists and PR people.
    I think it's far more likely that they have such empty lives (while waiting for their newspapers to fold) that they watch daytime television. Then it's just a matter of working out the spin and fiction at the next editorial meeting.

As the author of this thread, I am impressed on how far off topic we have gone.

In an attempt to save the intention of this off season banter... Do we agree that a 10 percentage chance Buddy is worth his contracted value based on first years assessment..
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Rod_ View Post

In an attempt to save the intention of this off season banter... Do we agree that a 10 percentage chance Buddy is worth his contracted value based on first years assessment..
    ??????
    Yes, very much so!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod_ View Post

??????
    Earlier this year it was said that in sheer money terms (extra membership, clothing, coverage, etc) it was said the return on investment would be paid off by the end of 2015 - earlier if the Swans won the Premiership. I presume being runners-up would fall somewhere between the two. The team's "failure" last weekend means that there will be a lot of Swans interest next year to see if we regroup. So, promotionally, the loss may have been a good move.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast