Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 10 % into a Buddy plan.

10 % into a Buddy plan.

Well the first year report card is we made a grand final.
    We had a lot of entertainment from start to finish.
    Generation next is ready to step up. (And a generation that should consider retirement and leave the building....)

Horse dealt with ROK by round 5, hopefully the end of season trip is a good one for some players and they accept the fact that the gig is up.

Big Pre season and we will be there about again in 2015.

Buddy definitely gets a pass on the first 10% of his contract.

If we had won the GF, I would have said he had paid in full...

The only downside is that we will experience some hurt as players seek a pay increase elsewhere.

Year 1 of 10 year plan. Buddy gets a Tick IMO

Rod

Senior Player
    Most definitley, did everything he could. Played out of skin, won the coleman, 2nd in Brownlow, kicked four in a GF, fit the gameplan, got on with team mates.

Veteran Site Admin
    Exceeded my expectations, on and off the ground. By some measure. We knew he was good, but he was consistently very very good onfield and if marquee players are acquired to win the odd game off their own boot, he delivered in spades.

He also showed class off field, refusing to bit back when plenty in the media were showing a distinct lack of class towards him. Remained respectful and let his footy do the talking.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Easily a huge win so far...his leadership was one of the most impressive features of his season...particularly in the grand final. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest to see him elevated to the leadership group next year and possibly even be made co-captain.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Goes up to 11
    I think Buddy gained a lot of respect across the football world as his season went on - he's conducted himself superbly throughout the year on and off the field.

He's a freak show. I knew he was a gun and I was rapt when we got him but he's even better than I thought. He just does things regularly that other people can only dream of.

Just gets on with it and let's his footy do the talking.

I wouldn't give him up for any other player in the comp.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

He'll only get better as well given he has hardly played with Tippett....barring injuries he should be the dominant forward of the AFL for at least the next 2-3 seasons.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Big tick, he's been fantastic on and off the field....Future leader.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Warming the Bench
    Sadly as a Hawks supporter he had his career best year, did all the things you saw at Hawthorn and remembered how to take contested marks. - agree with above, if you won the comp his $10Mill would have been paid already.
    Carn the Southern Power.....

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by cartman48 View Post
    Sadly as a Hawks supporter he had his career best year, did all the things you saw at Hawthorn and remembered how to take contested marks. - agree with above, if you won the comp his $10Mill would have been paid already.
    Do you still enjoy watching him play, or do you struggle to see him in a Swans' Guernsey? I have a Hawks colleague who still loves him as his favourite player, refuses to take the no 23 off his own Hawks Guernsey, and was livid at the attempt of Lake to damage Buddy's shoulder on the weekend.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by cartman48 View Post
    Congrats on your win on the weekend. The Hawks were the better team and their elite foot skills stood out.

I thought Buddy's best year was 2008. He scored over 100 goals that year and was incredible. He was only 21 years old in his 4th AFL season. I honestly can't see that 100 goal mark bettered by any current player. Amazing.

I think with a full pre-season and an injury free year that Buddy is capable of cracking the 100 again...would take a remarkable effort but it's hard to argue that he's not capable.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast