Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Post Grand Final Email from the Club

Post Grand Final Email from the Club

Did you get one?
    Really?

I'm sorry too.

Really, really, really sorry that youse played like crap.

If you had made a competition of it, and we lost by say, 20 points... it would have been a lot less disappointing.

As it is.....
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

It was pretty weak.

Much like Saturdays effort. Boom-Tish
    -

Where's the like button?
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

I was thinking earlier today that I would like to get something, anything, from the club to let me know they are feeling as bad as I am, then I get that half arsed crap and thought - Why'd they bother???

I'm still not over it......

I scoured my email and I didn't see the S word at all.

"We're sorry we didn't have the right attitude. We're sorry to those who spent a small fortune to see us play, we're sorry for letting down this great club etc etc."

We get, "we didn't play the way we wanted"

Thanks Captain Obvious,

Yes Jewels, not over it yet either,
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

I didn't get the email - seems I never get emails (even though I've tried on multiple times to get said problem fixed.) Can someone put up the text they used?
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

A message from Jarrad McVeigh and Kieren Jack
    Saturday was disappointing and it hurts. At the end of the day, we didn't play the sort of football we wanted to or that we�re capable of. It�s as simple as that.

As members of the Club, we know you�re feeling it too. You�ve been part of our team all year, and you share our disappointment now, in the same way you shared the many highs with us throughout the season.

This year we claimed the minor premiership with the help of the amazing atmosphere you created for us at our home matches and your dedication and passion at our away matches. Four of our boys were named in the All-Australian team, Lance Franklin won the Coleman Medal � the Club�s first since Tony Lockett in 1998 � and champion Adam Goodes played an unbelievable 350th game to take us into our fourth Grand Final in 10 years.

So to you, we say thank you for joining our team and for being with us every step of the way. Although the season didn�t end the way we wanted it to, we all go into the off season now with the fire burning for 2015.

We will learn from Saturday and like every year, we will be working incredibly hard to improve for 2015. We look forward to having you back on board and back in the stands, showing you're Proudly Sydney.

Cheer cheer,
    Jarrad McVeigh and Kieren Jack

Post Grand Final Email from the Club

Edit: Meg was quicker
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Pushing for Selection
    Mike Pyke on Swans TV offered an apology but I was disappointed that nothing was offered in the email. Maybe on Friday night at the Club Championship something might be said but I will not be there to hear it.

After going to all 11 home games, 5 interstate games and all finals I'm still I can't believe it. Such great games ie beating Geelong by over 100 points and that fabulous Port Adelaide game at the SCG.

Oh well in time I will move on (going on a cruise next week so will have something else to think about). I hope the boys come out fighting from round 1 - no losses to teams like GWS and make a huge statement we are back and we back to win on the first Saturday in October!

Goes up to 11
    I haven't got it yet so thanks for posting it. I think it says what it should - they're disappointed and so are we. Basically nothing's going to change what happened now so I don't really know what else they'd say on an official club email. I'm sure a chat with a few of the boys would yield a bit more.

Footy has lots of ups and downs. The GF was about as down as it gets. Onwards and upwards.

Maybe the passage of time is numbing me a little but I thought that there was an email at all was somewhat pleasing. Obviously the displeasure of fans has been heard.

They're hurting, they know they can do better and there is a burning desire to improve. That message is more important to me than an apology, particularly as they are representatives of the playing group and, quite frankly, I think the coaching team shares a decent portion, if not lion's share, of the blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Mauzza View Post
    Mike Pyke on Swans TV offered an apology but I was disappointed that nothing was offered in the email. Maybe on Friday night at the Club Championship something might be said but I will not be there to hear it!
    Yes Mike Pyke looks very down in that video and also very sincere. I feel sorry for Tanya Paolucci who presumably has to do 22+ of these interviews and really can't avoid asking each player about the GF.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast