Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Post Grand Final Email from the Club

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    What the heck. an apogee, the players are hurting enough, they know they stuffed up, should have seen them come into the GF dinner on Saturday night and I spoke to a couple of them and you could see it in their eyes. Sure we all must be disappointed but for "" sake get off the players backs.
    Yeah no words would have fixed what i feel or what happened. I appreciate the effort in the email. Sure they are hurting, more than any of us that shelled out hundreds or thousands on them this year, who cheered them on and took the brunt of hate from rival supporters. These players were embarrassed more than any of us, and I'm sure the game vision will burn, the lack of aggression, protection, the questions.

They will display with their actions all i want to hear, one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    They'd obviously be hurting but talk is cheap. Where was the support for Buddy when Lake tried to dislocate his shoulder? Where was the support for Hanners when Roughead crunched him twice? Why did Reg go back with one arm to spoil rather than get his body behind it? Why did Jetta decide not to chase?

They've taken this discipline and Mr Nice Guys crap too far. We were bullied.

Four Grand Finals in 10 years is a significant achievement and I love this club. We've been very lucky. But putting in your worst performance for 4 months at full strength on the biggest day of the year is going to take a while to get over.
    You have conveyed my feelings and thoughts perfectly Plugger, succinctly put.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    The club and players do not owe me an apology. I posted on FB recently that I was disappointed not devastated by the loss. Having lived through the 70's and early 80's this is a golden era in the life of my support for my team.

I love the Swans regardless of how they play on the field. Sure I will be disppointed at times, but them I am sure my parents have been disppointed at the way I have lived my life at times too.

I can understand the frustration and even anger in some peoples reactions, but I choose not to be like that. Maybe it has something to do with the fact I am moving to the beautiful Torquay in the new year. When you live that close to the best surf beach (Bells Beach) in Australia, not much looks really bad!
    Well said as I posted else where I was disappointed and mystified not embarrassed and ashamed . It's sport for goodness sake

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    Let me express my feelings!

What a waste of my money!!!!

I don't earn much and have a credit card bill of $2000 roughly more because of those clowns.

Losing is one thing, humiliation is another, and a bull@@@@ apologies from professional athletics who are paid to show up primed and ready and not play like they have being a month on the turps does not go down well!

The Swanies brand and rep have suffered big time because of last Saturday, and next season better be end in a cup!
    doof-doof

The Tree Is Out There treespirit's Avatar
    A lot has been said of the Bloods culture, but what of a culture that can play 3 GFs in a row, go back to back after losing one of the best players to play the game, always win the games they should win, never back off when they have a team on the carpet?

I love the Swans but when the chips are down, Blood sometimes turns to water. This is the aspect of being a Swans supporter that disappoints the most.

Quote Originally Posted by treespirit View Post
    A lot has been said of the Bloods culture, but what of a culture that can play 3 GFs in a row, go back to back after losing one of the best players to play the game, always win the games they should win, never back off when they have a team on the carpet?

I love the Swans but when the chips are down, Blood sometimes turns to water. This is the aspect of being a Swans supporter that disappoints the most.
    Very well said and I think the last paragraph is the most disappointing part of last Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by treespirit View Post
    I have often said to friends who ask if I'm confident about a game, "The Swans can win the unwinnable and lose the unloseable, so no, I am never confident before any game."

The Grand Final proved my point.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Words don't mean much after a performance like that. I want to see the apology in the form of angry, hard, determined footy in 2015.
    Swannies for life!

I agree. I want us to play angry for the full 22 home and away games and 3 final games.

Then I will feel that a wasted 2014 has been vindicated.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123