Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Grand Final Day Review

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    You write beautifully!

I kind of skimmed over the match bits though - not quite ready to relive that part of the day....

Well done.
    Thanks very much, Jono. I deliberately left the match content pretty light on. Too raw!

Warming the Bench
    [Whilst it is true there are worse teams to support than Sydney, I'm at the point where I no longer want to play anymore. I don't want to go to another Grand Final, because it may happen again, and I never want to witness something like that again.[/QUOTE]

Wow I thought this was only me who felt like this.

Draft Scout
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazman View Post
    [Whilst it is true there are worse teams to support than Sydney, I'm at the point where I no longer want to play anymore. I don't want to go to another Grand Final, because it may happen again, and I never want to witness something like that again.
    Wow I thought this was only me who felt like this.[/QUOTE]

Let the wounds heal, it will hurt, but if they came back with a mindset to never let that happen again, look out!
    They need to respond like the Hawks after 2012!
    Staying ahead of the game...

Quote Originally Posted by Ajn View Post
    , but if they came back with a mindset to never let that happen again, look out!
    This is the part that worries me, what if they DON'T comeback with the right mindset and comeback with the shattered mindset that so many of us supporters have atm. I'd like to think they wouldn't, but then again in a million years I never imagined them playing out a whole game in the manner they did last Saturday.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    This is the part that worries me, what if they DON'T comeback with the right mindset and comeback with the shattered mindset that so many of us supporters have atm. I'd like to think they wouldn't, but then again in a million years I never imagined them playing out a whole game in the manner they did last Saturday.
    That is what is so puzzling there just was no fight.

Warming the Bench
    A great read Joe. For whatever reasons we just turned into rabbits in the headlights. One thing that helps (a little) to keep my hopes up is that even Don Bradman went for a duck in his last game.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by mcsquirta View Post
    A great read Joe. For whatever reasons we just turned into rabbits in the headlights. One thing that helps (a little) to keep my hopes up is that even Don Bradman went for a duck in his last game.
    Thank you, Mac. I don't think I'll ever fully understand what went wrong, but I'm sure we will all find strength in adversity and the boys will come back from this with a vengeance. They have more than enough credits in the back for us all to keep the faith. We owe them that much.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by joemoore12 View Post
    Thank you, Mac. I don't think I'll ever fully understand what went wrong, but I'm sure we will all find strength in adversity and the boys will come back from this with a vengeance. They have more than enough credits in the back for us all to keep the faith. We owe them that much.
    No, they have to re-earn my faith. If they come back in 2015 with an insipid R1 loss to GWS I'll start to question the whole team's commitment. On the other hand, if they beat reasonable teams (the Pies) and thrash poor ones I'll think they may have developed the steel they certainly lacked last week. I'll renew my membership but won't buy the Premiership Club surcharge in 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    No, they have to re-earn my faith. I'll renew my membership but won't buy the Premiership Club surcharge in 2015.
    I suspect Premiership Club take-up will plunge for next season.

Great read Joe, thanks.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I suspect Premiership Club take-up will plunge for next season.

Great read Joe, thanks.
    Thanks Meg. I found it cathartic at least. I suspect you're right, although I'll be subscribing again. Can absolutely understand people's reluctance to though.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    No, they have to re-earn my faith. If they come back in 2015 with an insipid R1 loss to GWS I'll start to question the whole team's commitment. On the other hand, if they beat reasonable teams (the Pies) and thrash poor ones I'll think they may have developed the steel they certainly lacked last week. I'll renew my membership but won't buy the Premiership Club surcharge in 2015.
    I'm with you GS they have to re-earn my faith too, no amount of banked credits make up for that soft-arsed garbage they dished up quarter after quarter last week.
    I also do not plan on taking up premiership club next year, I'll take my chances with priority 2. Not that anyone at the club will actually notice, but its my little way of telling them I'm not happy!

I will take up PS club again next season, but am going to swap around my Memberships, as the Melbourne membership really is not worth it imo, and I don't get to Melbourne as much as I used to in my single days haha!

So I'll probably drop from 2 memberships (Vic Platinum with PS Club + Country 5) to a Red Zone 11 with PS in Sydney, and get the better half to upgrade her membership from a Red 3 to a Country 5. Will probably be better off slightly price wise and any games in Melbourne we go to will just buy tickets for.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast