Tom Harley joins the Swans

Meh.

I'm not sure I care for his face.
    -

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Hopefully this means he'll no longer be on Channel 7
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

I love Tom Harley, loved him when he played and I thought he was one of the few bright spots on the channel 7 coverage.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    I love Tom Harley, loved him when he played and I thought he was one of the few bright spots on the channel 7 coverage.
    My brother has done some work with Tom Harley's wife and has met Tom a couple of times. My brother said that Tom is a terrific guy.

Wonderful appointment by the Swans. I hope that he can mentor Buddy with a view to getting him into the leadership group, then the captaincy.

Having Dean Moore step aside is never a good thing. He's an amazing Swans person, and good to hear he is staying with the club in some capacity. Harley has some very big boots to fill, but being a respected person amongst the AFL and the Melbourne footballing mafia is good for us.

Tom Harley has impressed me, and I think he will do a job. As Doctor says though, Moore is a big loss.

I know a few guys involved with the local AFL teams here in Canberra (in particular Ainslie) and a couple of them have had a bit to do with Tom through his role with AFL NSW/ACT. They have nothing but good things to say about him - I think he will do well, and hopefully (even though its not his direct role) can help the team pick up the pieces after the GF disaster.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Fantastic appointment.

Comes with great leadership qualities and knows what it takes to win premierships.

This is the first good news to come out of the club since Saturday. Hopefully it's just the start.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Warming the Bench
    Finally some good news, great news even. Apart from anything else Tom speaks fluent Victorian, so if we happen to pick up a number 583 draft pick, he can translate to the "rest of the world" that the Swannies aren't trying to Buy another premiership!! I think he'll be a fantastic pickup for us on every level.

Veterans List
    Harley also went through the 2005 Semi pain and rebuild into a great culture. I'm expecting that a lot of the moves in the next few months will be to toughen up the Swans and it looks like this is the first.

On the Rookie List
    I've always liked Billy Corgan.
    "Take me down to the Paradise City where the grass is green and the Swans win pretty."

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    Hopefully this means he'll no longer be on Channel 7
    Yes I saw in the Herald Sun today that he was leaving channel 7. Now it all makes sense!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast