Thread: What do you want to hear tonight?

Veterans List

What do you want to hear tonight?

This will be the first B&F I've missed in about five years. I planned on going to the GF Dinner instead - and did.

However, I'll be tuning in on Swans TV. And I want some answers. It'd be great if we got some Bomber-Thompson-like honesty. So I've been thinking about what I'd like to hear. From Horse I'd like a bit of spin-free analysis on what went wrong last Saturday - and what part of it was the fault of him and his coaching team. Any why he couldn't get the team to lift at half time.

From the leaders I'd like an apology, some analysis and I think I'd like one or both to vacate the captaincy for it to be decided in the new year. From them and the other players I'd like some commitment to how they'll approach the off season and pre-season training. A vow that what happened on Saturday will not happen again would go a long way towards me re-engaging with them.

The cream on top of all that would be for Mal to declare that he's re-signed.

What would you like to hear or see tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    What would you like to hear or see tonight?
    Lies and Bull@@@@. The truth is just too difficult to bear.

Honestly? I've come to realise that no amount of grovelling or hand wringing or apologising is going to make me feel better about what happened on Saturday. Talk is cheap.

The only thing that will make me feel better: a solid home and away season and another premiership in 2015, preferably smashing the Hawks.

The only things I want to hear are that Goodesy and Nicmal are staying
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

I want to hear Goodsey make a stirring retirement speech.....Rather than a tearful unscheduled retirement, during next season.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    Unfortunately Horse will say that ' we have to work harder" just for every losing game. Jarrad and Kieren will say there "gutted". No-one will admit that in the first 4 games we did nothing and then only after "the truth meetings" and then the GF "we just didn't turn up" .. The swans are the most predictable team, yes we are the best at starting from the defensive position and stopping goals but not the BIG BUTS, 1. Need massive leadership, 2. Leave some small forwards to jag a few soft goals and tackle/pressure when we don't have the ball, 3. Don't kick to Tippet or Buddy 2 on 1, 3 on 1 or 4 on 1 and I saw it, and even thing we kicked to 0, yes 0 on 4 because they were coached that way and by the way it was JPK, I don't blame him, and rate him at our best for the year, coached too much!!!

Senior Player
    And the live stream goes down when plugger is on boo hoo

Veteran Site Admin
    I thought Longmire's speech was pretty reasonable under the circumstances. Obviously didn't go into the details of why they weren't good enough but a decent mixture of positivity about the season as a whole and an acknowledgement that last weekend was a massive failure to live up to the standards they expect of themselves.

Goes up to 11
    I hope the boys have fun tonight - big year - bad ending - get it out of the system now and nail it next year...

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I thought Longmire's speech was pretty reasonable under the circumstances. Obviously didn't go into the details of why they weren't good enough but a decent mixture of positivity about the season as a whole and an acknowledgement that last weekend was a massive failure to live up to the standards they expect of themselves.
    Agree Liz. It wasn't everything I wanted - but it was never going to be - but it was an honest appraisal of a disastrous ending to a good year.

I have said before that they don't owe me anything. We are in a golden era of success for the Swans, so I am just enjoying the ride.
    Does God believe in Atheists?