Thread: looking for old swans games 1994-1995

looking for old swans games 1994-1995

Guys

i am looking for old swans games 1994-1995, namely 5 games from 1994, and 1 game from 1995

i have tried name a game/sports delivered, ch 7, the clubs, the afl, youtube, torrents etc, no luck.

Can anyone help me at all?

1994 r1 v bears at carrara
    1994 r4 v richmond at scg
    1994 r16 v bears at scg
    1994 r19 v richmond at mcg
    1994 r21 v carlton at scg
    1995 r18 v brisbane at scg

any assistance would be greatly appreciated

thank you

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by langers1971 View Post
    Guys

i am looking for old swans games 1994-1995, namely 5 games from 1994, and 1 game from 1995

i have tried name a game/sports delivered, ch 7, the clubs, the afl, youtube, torrents etc, no luck.

Can anyone help me at all?

1994 r1 v bears at carrara
    1994 r4 v richmond at scg
    1994 r16 v bears at scg
    1994 r19 v richmond at mcg
    1994 r21 v carlton at scg
    1995 r18 v brisbane at scg

any assistance would be greatly appreciated

thank you
    Can't help you with the video langers but I remember a few of those games pretty well, went to to quite a few games in '94 on the Barrassi bandwagon. I remember the Richmond one (there was a nasty brawl on the hill I recall, those were the days!!!) was a big win after a big run of losses. The Bears game featured one of Breretons reports I think, the Bears were rediculously straight in front of goal.

.......bloody hell just realised that was 20 years ago, I'm getting old!

Interested to know why you are looking for those

Quote Originally Posted by floppinab View Post
    Can't help you with the video langers but I remember a few of those games pretty well, went to to quite a few games in '94 on the Barrassi bandwagon. I remember the Richmond one (there was a nasty brawl on the hill I recall, those were the days!!!) was a big win after a big run of losses. The Bears game featured one of Breretons reports I think, the Bears were rediculously straight in front of goal.

.......bloody hell just realised that was 20 years ago, I'm getting old!

Interested to know why you are looking for those
    I suspect that they might be some of the very few games that Langers might be missing from his massively extensive collection?

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    I suspect that they might be some of the very few games that Langers might be missing from his massively extensive collection?
    you are indeed correct! go to the head of the class.

Quote Originally Posted by langers1971 View Post
    you are indeed correct! go to the head of the class.

I notice that every now & then you ask for help looking for games you're after, & hopefully the RWO community are a good & generous resource for you.

I'd personally like to see a whole seperate forum set up under the Footy Forums (i.e. RWO Swans Chat, Swans News Feed, Geberal Footy Chat, NSW/ACT Footy) that is something like RWO Can You Help? where threads that are specifically pertaining to looking for assistance in finding, buying Swans related things can be found & help offered (eg links to sellers or eBay sales, UTube links, private offers etc).
    That way threads of requests won't be bumped so far down the posting list & are easier to find. I know in the past RWOers have been after stuff like old wooden South jumpers, other clothes items, books. A specific area designated to these might be helpful.
    I don't know if anyone else might find such a forum useful?

Senior Player

I'd personally like to see a whole seperate forum set up under the Footy Forums (i.e. RWO Swans Chat, Swans News Feed, Geberal Footy Chat, NSW/ACT Footy) that is something like RWO Can You Help? where threads that are specifically pertaining to looking for assistance in finding, buying Swans related things can be found & help offered (eg links to sellers or eBay sales, UTube links, private offers etc).
    Sounds like a great idea

old wooden South jumpers,
    Man I knew they were tough in the old days but.................

Quote Originally Posted by floppinab View Post
    Sounds like a great idea

Man I knew they were tough in the old days but.................
    Damn morning after a late night, sleep deprived, stubby fingers trying to type on an Apple device! Or maybe i'll blame auto correct (& sleep deprived not noticing).

Not a bad idea mods. People are often looking for Swans related stuff. Putting it all in one place would make it easier for the Red & White community to help each other out

I think we'd have the victories over Richmond and Carlton somewhere. I'll have a look.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton