Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Petition for more transparancy and accountability in AFL administration

Pushing for Selection
    I boycotted any show hosted by Eddie McGuire two months ago. Have signed the Petition and will boycott the AFL sponsors. Don't roll over on this one!!!

If it's going to take hold, everyone who can be bothered to petition should also take the time to spread the petition's link via whatever means they have at their disposal.
    Pretty simple to post something on facebook. And bump it. Obviously with all the crap going on in the world at the moment, this issue may seem somewhat trite, fair enough too - but you've got to give it a bit of a nudge.
    "She said 'Come look there's a wardrobe of love in my eye'. Take your time, look around, and see if there's something your size."
    Wardrobe Of Love, Ishtar

Sweet home Novacastria
    Quote Originally Posted by Matimbo View Post
    The player restraint of trade angle is very interesting ... if I recall correctly, it was used some years ago in a legal case in NSW brought by a player against the rugby league administration and resulted in a loss of the court case by the league. As a result, their entire plan to establish a proposed draft system was scuttled. I would have thought both the Swans plus the AFL Players Association (who have publicly criticised the AFL's anti-Swans ruling) threatening to challenge the ruling in court would be a huge risk to the AFL.

I've signed the petition also.
    Adamson V NSWRL

link

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Not a peep after my e-mail to the AFL.

Mrs d and I are #775.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Veterans List
    I'm not really one for the "AFL conspiracy against the Swans" but this move has no basis in rationality, only vindictiveness.

775 is weak anyways.
    I reckon we'd have needed 5000 odd for anyone to even know about this petition.
    Time to move on.
    Feel let down by the club that they didn't act with more outrage and angst.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    775 is weak anyways.
    I reckon we'd have needed 5000 odd for anyone to even know about this petition.
    Time to move on.
    Feel let down by the club that they didn't act with more outrage and angst.
    Agree. 40,000+ members and we can only get 775.
    Like spitting into the wind.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Agree. 40,000+ members and we can only get 775.
    Like spitting into the wind.
    I just signed. Was 834. This is going to be a long fight and this petition will be only one of several strategies. It will also take some time to gain momentum. I am sure that Swans Co. have a War Room and in time we will see their response. They are unlikely to roll over.

Warming the Bench
    Just signed and left comments on the petition

Opti-pessi-misti
    Anyone got a list of all the Swans' members and their email addresses? Any red and white hackers out there!!

Well, I went to the Four Corners website and submitted this a suggestion for a story. I even suggested a title "Sydney Swans V AFL, how the AFL turned on its expansion poster boy".
    Probably come to nothing but I just felt better at the thought of investigative journos making the AFL, McGuire and whoever else accountable for their actions.
    "My theory is that the universe is made out of stupidity because it's more plentiful than hydrogen" - Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Well, I went to the Four Corners website and submitted this a suggestion for a story. I even suggested a title "Sydney Swans V AFL, how the AFL turned on its expansion poster boy".
    Probably come to nothing but I just felt better at the thought of investigative journos making the AFL, McGuire and whoever else accountable for their actions.
    Kudos Dave, that's a great idea! It may not come to anything but if no-one ever suggests it then it definitly won't.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast