Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Petition for more transparancy and accountability in AFL administration

Isn't only Jon Ralph, Fat Eddie's stooge, that has reported that. I thought Andrew Ireland was specific about refuting it in his SEN interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Is our argument a little out of steam now that the media is reporting that the trade ban was actually our idea?
    I too enjoy the mid 90's rock stylings of The Spin Doctors.

Quote Originally Posted by flapjacket View Post
    I too enjoy the mid 90's rock stylings of The Spin Doctors.
    I'm not saying it's true, but it is being reported, it has yet to be disputed by anyone in our party, and it may explain why nothing appears to be being done about it.

Listen to this Andrew Ireland interview on Sen. It is quite long but listen to the whole interview. The timing of the trading condition first emerging only a month ago is referred to at the beginning but explicitly and in more detail near the end. Andrew Ireland would have had to be blatantly fibbing for the Ralph story to be true.

SoundCloud - Hear the world�s sounds

Thank you to everyone who signed the petition for Fairness and Transparency in the AFL � it is now closing in on 900 signatures which I think is a great effort - but this is only the beginning.

Below are the email addresses for the marketing and brand managers for most of the 30 AFL commercial partners (there�s about 8 that I�m unsure of which might bounce back):

Toyota, Carlton Draught, NAB, Coca Cola, Gatorade, Coles, Bunnings, TAB.com.au, Virgin Australia, HostPlus, OPSM, Mars, Australia Post, Hungry Jacks, Origin, Tissot, Radiant, Four�n Twenty, Bailey Ladders, GIO, Gillette, Lifebroker, Weet-Bix, Swisse, Coates hire, Treasury Wine Estates, Accor Hotels, Sherrin, GMHBA Health Insurance, City of Melbourne, Tupperware, Obela, Elastoplast

Once again please share this post as widely as possible; 900 emails x 30 sponsors will be hard to ignore.
    I urge everyone to please be articulate and polite in your emails: remember that these people are not responsible for the AFL�s decision and in many cases may not even be aware of it.

Rants about Victorian bias/Eddie McGuire are probably not helpful � I think that focussing on the AFL�s abuse of power/lack of transparency and the effect that this has on the perception of the AFL�s associated brands is likely to be more effective. Explaining that you are boycotting their products and services and encouraging others to do the same probably won�t hurt either.

As per the above, I would encourage people to write their own content, but if you would prefer you can also feel free to use the form letter below:

Good afternoon,
    I would like to voice my concerns regarding the AFL�s recent decision to ban the Sydney Swans from trading in players for two years. On October 9th 2014 the official AFL website reported that the AFL had advised the Swans that they were banned from trading in players for 2 years. Failure to comply with this ban would result in the immediate removal of COLA, which would in turn result in the Swans exceeding their salary cap and facing further sanctions. This ban was not a result of the Swans breaking any league rules and has no precedent in AFL history. As such it is now clear there are insufficient checks and balances in place to prevent private agendas from driving league policies.
    Furthermore, as a corporate partner of the AFL I feel that this decision reflects poorly on your own organization and I will be boycotting all products and services offered by your company until this situation can be resolved in a fair and equitable manner.
    I am hopeful that the AFL will begin implementing processes to introduce greater transparency and accountability to the decision making processes that govern Australia's only indigenous sporting code.

Please note this decision has also been criticized by organizations including the AFL Players Association (Statement from the AFL Players� Association - AFL Players), as well as many media outlets.
    I would urge your company to immediately reconsider its association with the AFL before further unnecessary damage is done to your brand by the game�s current administration.
    Regards,

Please copy and paste the following line into the BCC (Blind Carbon Copy) line of your email to send:

[email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected];[email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]
    Last edited by ScottH; 24th October 2014 at 12:23 PM.

Blog Entries
    Good luck with this

Done, also asked my brother, his wife and my father to do the same

*getting a few out of office or no longer with this company replies but the bulk seems to have gone through*
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Untamed Snark View Post
    Done, also asked my brother, his wife and my father to do the same

*getting a few out of office or no longer with this company replies but the bulk seems to have gone through*
    I just did the same.

Done.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Asked in another thread but does anyone know Gillon's email?

sorry, I only have his after hours and mobile numbers
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567