Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swans Shut Out

Nice work.

My blood is boiling about this still. I can't believe how the Melbourne media has pushed it out of the way. I am also sick to death of reading about how the COLA was used to get Tippo and Buddy. Either these people are genuinely thick as two planks or they just don't want to believe the facts.

Classic political maneuvering by McGuire and Newbold to create a distraction for the mob to beat up on so no one will notice their shady dealings.
    "My theory is that the universe is made out of stupidity because it's more plentiful than hydrogen" - Frank Zappa

Warming the Bench
    Thanks Dave. Incredibly frustrating that there has been no follow up conversation about this story. Melbourne journos told to keep quiet??

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by joemoore12 View Post
    Thanks Dave. Incredibly frustrating that there has been no follow up conversation about this story. Melbourne journos told to keep quiet??
    They fear the wrath of the new Fat Controller.

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    You forgot Armstrong who left the club and now plays for Collingwood!
    doof-doof

It's gobsmacking how the only people bitching about this are us.

Still can't understand why the swans haven't called in the QCs.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Long Term Injury List
    "I can't believe how the Melbourne media has pushed it out of the way".

Maybe we need to bombard them with requests to discuss the subject in more detail. Or more specifically ask them why they aren't talking about it. I live down here and haven't heard anything about it today on SEN. (Here are the SEN contact details;
    Call Us - 9429 1116 or Text Us - 0433 98 1116 ON-AIR if anyone wants to say something). I have already sent a text asking if they are following up the AFLPA's request to the AFL for a reversal of the ban.

It is also strange that AFL.com.au has no more about it since last week. They are quick to write about most things but this topic seems to have been totally blacked out.

Suspended by the MRP
    Call it a conspiracy or what not but for me its obvious why its being ignored by a media that would usually jump on a story like this.

The melbourne afl media is split into two factions. You have the more articulate high brow fairfax mafia, the ones who have reported about this. They have also been very vocal about Hird and the bombers going after hird and sparing nothing presenting facts and not trying to charge the narrative with opinions. Its why Caro won the award she did last year. The other mob has been trying to form false narratives about Hird, with head cheerleader robbo writing countless near hero worship articles about hird.

Then you have the McGuire Media/Croc Media/Herald Sun faction. This mob are basically made up of a few terrible journos, namely the ever sloppy robbo his drinking mate anderson and jon ralph, who happens to work for McGuire media as well and who has been scathing with his attack on the swans this year, with the rest made up of ex players all from the same era and all from the same boys club. These ex players are all affiliated or work for McGuire and also work at foxfooty. Then we have McGuire Media which produces several shows for fox.

Now who has been the most vocal about COLA and who have been the ones trying to form this negative narrative about the swans? Its been mainly the McGuire media staple and the herald sun!

And who has been feral in his crusade against the COLA and the swans? Who went on equalisation trips with his buddy hawthorn prez newbold? Who invited a select few to a meeting about equalisation and a few other issues during GF week?

Eddie McGuire.

Who hasnt said a peep about it since the story was broken by a fairfax journo?

Eddie McGuire.

So my guess is that Eddie McGuire has given his mob a directive to not report on any of this at all as to not drum up sympathy for the swans. We deserve what we got according to the narrative that McGuire will be pushing.

Now our problem at the swans is the majority of victorians who follow the code read the herald sun listen to SEN and watch fox footy. The three areas where McGuire media has his fingers in and hence able to manipulate their audience with mistruths.

Its p me off how silent news limited/fox have been but hardly suprising when you peel the layers and expose the mass COI.

Warming the Bench
    You make some great and valid points here, JPK. Unfortunately, these will not get reported in the media when one man has such an unhealthy influence which extends across so many platforms. Disgraceful.

Great mate very informative but no one in melbourne can read !

Joe says in his article that COLA was introduced in 2008. But surely it was much earlier? Does anyone know and has anyone got access to an announcement at the time it was introduced? Something presumably was said about the % and how it was intended to be used. I haven't been able to find anything by internet search.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Joe says in his article that COLA was introduced in 2008. But surely it was much earlier? Does anyone know and has anyone got access to an announcement at the time it was introduced? Something presumably was said about the % and how it was intended to be used. I haven't been able to find anything by internet search.
    Hi Meg. In the article, I said that COLA in it's current form was introduced in 2008. I'm not absolutely sure, but I think there has been some kind of allowance since around 2000? I agree, it's very hard to find an exact date when it was introduced.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12