Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Sydney Swans best 22, 2015 AFL Premiership Season

Rohan was starting to show some form as a half back, I wouldn't confuse him by trying him in another position. Despite two shockers he produced the best footy of his career in that position , prelim final anyone ?

Senior Player
    Whatever happens I think Jetta should start in the Ressies and fight his way back into the side.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    Whatever happens I think Jetta should start in the Ressies and fight his way back into the side.
    That is just so ridiculous. Jetta was much improved from 2013 and is shaping up to be a well rounded footballer, rather than just a speed machine.

I really sometimes wonder whether people calling for Jetta's scalp watched any of the home and away season.

As long as Jetta gets a right royal kick up the bottom (along with about 18 others) for the dross performance on grand final day, I'm happy for him to continue in the top team. Would love a few of the younger midfielders in the ressies to have strong starts to the season, in order to put proper pressure on some of those in the top 22 however.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    That is just so ridiculous. Jetta was much improved from 2013 and is shaping up to be a well rounded footballer, rather than just a speed machine.I really sometimes wonder whether people calling for Jetta's scalp watched any of the home and away season.
    I thought he had a great season. As you said he is now so much more than just someone who runs onto kicks into open space.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Blog Entries
    Even though Jetta had a good year, the thing that was missing was his running game.
    He didn't have the explosive runs as in the previous seasons. I guess this is why people are not rating his season.

Senior Player
    As for Rohan, he was the highest rated player, according to Champion Data, for the Prelim out of any player in the both games that weekend. His spoiling is underrated. If he is playing off half back, I would expect him to poll pretty highly in the Golden Fist next year.

How about this:

FB: Smith Reg Rampe
    HB: McVeigh Richards Rohan
    C: Jetta Kennedy Hannebery
    HF: Jack Franklin Bird
    FF: McGlynn Reid Goodes
    R: Tippett Mitchell Parker
    Int: Pyke Lloyd Cunningham S: Jones
    C'mon Chels!

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by penga View Post
    How about this:

FB: Smith Reg Rampe
    HB: McVeigh Richards Rohan
    C: Jetta Kennedy Hannebery
    HF: Jack Franklin Bird
    FF: McGlynn Reid Goodes
    R: Tippett Mitchell Parker
    Int: Pyke Lloyd Cunningham S: Jones
    Pretty much what I would like to see. I would just like to some how squeeze TomD in there.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by Flying South View Post
    I called for this many times last year but was told by many, many people that you don't rest players, always play your best 22, we have to worry about finishing top 2, players don't want to stand down, etc. The only time we should be worried about best 22 is during the finals series. And that will be determined by who is available. But during the season, IMO, we should have a rotating squad of players. Where players like X, Jones, Hewett, Robinson, Heeney, Naismith, Nankervis and Towers can get around 3-6 games each based on matchups. If we cant beat the likes of Saints, Melbourne, Bulldogs, etc with 2 or 3 of these players in our team then our future is not looking too bright. Everyone boasts about our depth. We need to get games into these players soon, as they are the future of our club. The trade ban that has been imposed on us has only reinforced this. I know a lot of people don't agree with this, but just my opinion.
    I totally agree with you but with me it has never been about resting players it is about who have we got that matches or has a special ability to beat his opponent. Tailor your squad for match ups and a best mix against different sides. This is what Hawks did last year and by the finals the younger players like Langford were cherry ripe to go if they had to.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    I really sometimes wonder whether people calling for Jetta's scalp watched any of the home and away season.
    Not after his scalp, just think he has something to prove after the GF with so many other deserving players knocking on the door. Good players respond to a challenge, let him respond.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    Not after his scalp, just think he has something to prove after the GF with so many other deserving players knocking on the door. Good players respond to a challenge, let him respond.
    Everyone has something to prove after the GF. Don't know why you're singling out Jetta. Reid and Shaw had much worse seasons overall.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast