Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2015 AFL Fixture

Quote Originally Posted by JPK12 View Post

Also collingwood not travelling to Geelong for nearly a decade and half is rubbish. Whats the excuse these days after the cats have built a top stadium? There is no excuse at all!
    Stadium is full most of the time
    AFL don't NEED Collingwood there as a draw, so they don't bother.

The AFL have generally been candid in how the lopsided draws for Collingwood and other 'bigger' Melbourne based teams are acceptable for the 'good of the competition.

I was banging on about it for years until I started to bore even myself
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Suspended by the MRP
    I dont care if they need them there or not. Fact remains collingwood never have to play at what is deemed an impossible task for most other teams. The hawks and pies never play there, they essentially get two home games against the cats a year.

The good of the competition has seen the usual suspects do as they please with usual weaker clubs still doing nothing and still lining up for a hand out. All this "good for the game" has done is make the "big 4" stronger off field.

Again compromised code and more akin to WWE.

Senior Player
    Swans website are providing calendars that you can import to your software of choice. ICS import to Google worked for me.

I like afternoons and Sundays, so not overjoyed, but you can't please everyone. "Fan-friendliness" is reserved for Victorians, apparently.

Pushing for Selection
    Both GWS and Sydney head to Perth twice next season while Fremantle and West Coast don't head to Sydney at all.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lorakf View Post
    Both GWS and Sydney head to Perth twice next season while Fremantle and West Coast don't head to Sydney at all.
    That was part of the plan a year or 2 ago.
    The draw is on a rotation basis, so it should be the opposite next season.

Suspended by the MRP
    Hmmmm

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    That was part of the plan a year or 2 ago.
    The draw is on a rotation basis, so it should be the opposite next season.
    I don't recall a season where we haven't had to travel to Perth at all. I hope you're right because right now it seems amazing that we have to do the longest road trip twice while they both don't have to do it at all.
    Last edited by lorakf; 30th October 2014 at 01:05 PM.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Yep - the draw has definitely confirmed my earlier consideration of giving up my Melbourne Based Membership. Only 5 games down there, with 1 being at Toiletville Kardinia Park.

Not a great draw for out of towners in NSW either - three friday night games plus a Thursday Night game all at home.
    I don't tend to complain about the draw but then again neither do Collongwood fans.

Being a Canberra based member and regularly travelling interestate (i.e. not NSW) for games my first impressions are that:

* 3 Friday and 1 Thursday night game - I'm going to be leaving work early a lot;
    * The Thursday night game is after a Friday night game. Might have to take a week off and camp in Sydney.
    * The Swans play interstate in all 3 weeks that GWS play in Canberra.
    * Unless I decide to have a holiday in WA or Qld, I can only see myself bothering to go to Melb for the Hawks game on May 23 (other than the GF of course). All the Vic games are otherwise against the 'boring teams' (given that it seems impossible to get a ticket to Kardinia Park).

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by lorakf View Post
    I don't recall a season where we haven't had to travel to Perth at all. I hope you're right because right now it seems amazing that we have to do the longest road trip twice while they both don't have to do it at all.
    Tin Foil hat on.

Well another way to stifle us is to make us travel a lot more hence by the time of the finals we are spent and limp out in straight sets.

On the Rookie List
    What a rort. Look at the inequity. Look at Collingwood.

Are they seriously trying to get Swans fans to walk away from the AFL?

Honestly, I can't take this anymore. I'm pretty close to calling it......

No joke, I am close to walking away from this and finding a less rigged sport like WWF.
    "Take me down to the Paradise City where the grass is green and the Swans win pretty."

Suspended by the MRP
    Not a real fan bud, if you ask the diehard AFL supporters.

Senior Player
    According to this article - Saturday arvo blockbuster is back: 2015 fixture revealed - AFL.com.au - "All Victorian-based clubs will travel interstate at least five times", which we know isn't true. I've questioned the AFL on Twitter about this and I suggest everyone else does too until we get answer as to why Collingwood's draw is the most favourable in the comp and why they chose to lie about it.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast