Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: 2015 AFL Fixture

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    According to Rohan Connolly there are seven teams with tougher draws than ours:

2015 AFL fixture: the winners and losers
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    By the way Collingwood do travel 5 times, Gabba, Metricom, Patersons, SCG & Adelaide.
    I've checked that and you're right. That's the last time I trust a post on RWO...

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    There will want to be a significant drop in the price of the Melbourne memberships if they are hoping to keep fans as members.
    I'll be buying mine as usual. I'd rather all my money going to the club I support rather than saving myself a minor amount and see what I do pay going to the AFL or rival clubs.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    According to Rohan Connolly there are seven teams with tougher draws than ours:

2015 AFL fixture: the winners and losers
    I agree with his thoughts on our draw, for this years runners up its pretty reasonable from a team perspective in my opinion. I would be feeling pretty ripped off though if I were a Melbourne member.
    I think Port are the ones that have really copped it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    I'll be buying mine as usual. I'd rather all my money going to the club I support rather than saving myself a minor amount and see what I do pay going to the AFL or rival clubs.
    Thats fine. so long as your kids dont decide that all of their mates are little bombers and they would rather go with their mates to the footy.

With regards the toughness of the draw you can't predict what is going to happen with the competition, viz teams on the improve vs teams on the decline. Certainly there are presumptions e.g. Saints having a young inexperienced team, likewise Hawthorn having a strong experienced player list. However who would have predicted the turn around of Port Adelaide from 2012 season? It really doesn't matter who we play in the draw. Which teams are going to improve and who are the sliders? Of course this will have a bearing on the draw. We can speculate which teams will improve and those which will slide. However the things which are certain with our draw are 2 trips to W.A. and 17 twilight/night games and only 4 games in Melbourne, which is disappointing for the Melbourne/Victoria based supporters. At the end of the day the draw "is what it is".

That's fine - but $260 + $100 for Premiership Club is a lot of money to get entry into 5 games (noting there is no Geelong game included either). If you live in Melbourne, the added entries to other games might be really useful. But I live in Canberra and don't get to Melbourne as much as I used to. Its a lot of money when it'll probably be 2 or 3 games I'll get to in Melbourne in total and maybe 1 or 2 games @ the G in addition

I think I'm going to swap my Vic Membership for an ACT Membership instead, and then upgrade my country membership to a Red 11 Membership. Still work out a lot cheaper then keeping the Vic one, and I can still get into 3 games in Melbourne (2 Etihad with ACT membership and 1 MCG with Premiership Club). Worse bit for me is that I can't apply PC to the country membership - it is understandable why you can't, but just a wee bit frustrating as well!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Long Term Injury List
    Quote Originally Posted by Untamed Snark View Post
    Wow, the fixture isn't kind to the Victorian based members, 4 games + a hard to get into Geelong game?
    Doesn't seem fair considering around 25% of the supporter base if in Victoria
    You're exactly right Untamed. That Geelong game should never be considered a home game for Vic Swans members. You can't just walk up to the game unless you are prepared to get to the ground hours early and go to standing room (not an option for my aging dad & son with disability). We have paid big money for impossible seating previously. We discussed the fixture last night and it looks like that is one game we won't be attending next year. Sorry team but it is just too hard.

Regular in the Side
    yep.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbournehammer View Post
    Thats fine. so long as your kids dont decide that all of their mates are little bombers and they would rather go with their mates to the footy.
    Why the hell would they rather go with their mates than their family. My kids wouldn't be caught dead at a non-Swans game.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Quote Originally Posted by JPK12 View Post
    Looks like Newbold, Polo Gil and Ed got together at gils house and came up with this fixture.

Something needs to be done about ridding the MCG of their home of football status. Its either a home ground for a club or just a neutral venue. It cannot be used for financial gain by the likes of collingwood at the expense of a fair draw.

Also collingwood not travelling to Geelong for nearly a decade and half is rubbish. Whats the excuse these days after the cats have built a top stadium? There is no excuse at all!

I swear this comp is the worst comp in the world when it comes to draw and fairness. I have never seen so much corruption in a league, as much as FIFA takes that crown, the AFL are swimming in it. At least they (FIFA) dont compromise the draws to all their tournaments, yes they accept bribes for hosting the world cup but heck political parties have "donations". When was the last time you saw a team in say the champions league been given carte blanche on who they want to play? Or what about a country like say italy or england being allowed to pick and choose who they play at the world cup?

Yet it seems to be accepted in the AFL.
    I think you need to put your commercial cap on !

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Swans website are providing calendars that you can import to your software of choice. ICS import to Google worked for me.

I like afternoons and Sundays, so not overjoyed, but you can't please everyone. "Fan-friendliness" is reserved for Victorians, apparently.
    as a Melb based Swans supporter I have let it be known - don't feel too poorly !

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678