Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: The Annual Player & Coach Merry-Go-Round

Quote Originally Posted by The Student View Post
    I appreciate that but I can't help myself when some anonymous nobody slanders my football club. I'm all for banter and constructive debate or criticism, but the crap he carries on with is laughable.
    You see, Student, MP is like a lazy fisherman who throws out random "burley", hoping to get a bite. Most of us are aware of him, so we refuse to give him the satisfaction by having a go back
    . And that is why you will notice that he doesn't get much response when he comes on here.

So he throws out more and more burley until, eventually, some poor sucker fish can't resist the temptation....and bites.

And sad to say, Student, you are the sucker who takes the bait....and it's happened before hasn't it ?

You should know better.

Most of us on here know that Sydney Uni is a quality club making great headway out of a difficult situation. Student, you don't have to justify your footy club to us here, and certainly not to empty heads like MP.

Everyone on here (except for MP I think) is involved with Sydney footy clubs that continue to do it tough - look at the challenges that Tara has had this week. Mostly we try to be encouraging and upbeat about what we are up against, and we try to be supportive of each other rather than bagg out our footy relentlessly like it is for MEAT HEAD....no, sorry, MUG PUNTER.

We're all in this together and it will be best for us all if we all work together and succeed, rather than tearing down all the time.
    Especially when we haven't the foggiest what we're talking about.

Damian Bonney - here's a story for you....
    A couple of years ago, he was playing in Brisbane, shifted to Sydney to play NEAFL with Baulko. When they withdrew he tried out and was accepted to Sydney Uni. On their supplementary list he was drafted to Campbelltown but they withdrew too. So this week and last week he has turned out with Manly. And will presumably play this season for Sydney Uni NEAFL too !!

And we thought that Luke Jarjoura gets around a bit !!

It might be an interesting Western Suburbs team that turns up at Picken tomorrow - I see that they picked up basically a footy field worth of recruits in the last 2-3 weeks. And some of them are quality seniors players.
    One that caught my eye a couple of weeks ago is Robinson from the O&M. Good pickup.

The challenge for Big Kev will be to mould them all into a functioning unit at short notice.

It's always a good Anzac feature at Picken and tomorrow will be a ripper (if the ground dries out).
    Get down there and be part of a great day (but be careful if you try to park on the grass !)

Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    Damian Bonney - here's a story for you....
    A couple of years ago, he was playing in Brisbane, shifted to Sydney to play NEAFL with Baulko. When they withdrew he tried out and was accepted to Sydney Uni. On their supplementary list he was drafted to Campbelltown but they withdrew too. So this week and last week he has turned out with Manly. And will presumably play this season for Sydney Uni NEAFL too !!

And we thought that Luke Jarjoura gets around a bit !!
    And into Sydney Uni NEAFL for tomorrow in Brisbane

Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    It might be an interesting Western Suburbs team that turns up at Picken tomorrow - I see that they picked up basically a footy field worth of recruits in the last 2-3 weeks. And some of them are quality seniors players.
    One that caught my eye a couple of weeks ago is Robinson from the O&M. Good pickup.

The challenge for Big Kev will be to mould them all into a functioning unit at short notice.

It's always a good Anzac feature at Picken and tomorrow will be a ripper (if the ground dries out).
    Get down there and be part of a great day (but be careful if you try to park on the grass !)
    Interesting to see the myth of Big Kev still at work as he is pumped by 10 goals by the club that gave him the boot. Without doubt the most over-rated coach in the game but the best at pumping up his own tyres...

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011