Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: The Annual Player & Coach Merry-Go-Round

Quote Originally Posted by radar oreilly View Post
    Don't believe everything you read? You contradict yourself Nuttsy. When is a Premier Division player not a Premier Division player? When they play for Campbelltown? or if they play because of injuries or lack of players? You say yourself that they all played premier division and the article that I assume justa is referring to mentions that all 3 had premier div experience. I'd say any game in prems is something to aspire to even it is for The Mighty Campbelltown. Or is it just that whoever runs Campbelltown always seems to insult the players that leave the club (and lets be honest there has been a mountain of em in the last couple of years)
    For starters i certainly dont run their club i was just sticking up for them and bringing some balance to the article he mentioned and i cant see where i bagged/insulted anyone also just stated the obvious. Good luck to Camden for what they are trying to do but to parade all three players as Premier Division quality is more than optimistic.

Good opening post Hug7559. Congratulations on your appointment to the Cats, you'll have a classy squad. I've got a lot of admiration for Camden in the last few years. They, like many Western Sydney clubs (ours included) have had some pretty testing times over the last 10 years and more but have now gained a lot of respect. Full kudo's to Josh, Warren, Deirdre, Greg and co from the cattery for their work. I worked alongside with them during the finals series when they ran the canteen and did an admirable job indeed (Ok, I got a free sanger or two off them). They will certainly be close to favourites for the flag in 2015.

Just noticed an earlier comment from Peter P from East Coast saying that it was his first post in 6 years. Previous one was actually in 2012, so if he serves me up an Eagle Burger at Purser, I'll be checking my change

Good luck to all clubs with recruiting, retaining and expanding their clubs in 2015. Should be another great year

Quote Originally Posted by ShortHalfHead View Post
    Good opening post Hug7559. Congratulations on your appointment to the Cats, you'll have a classy squad. I've got a lot of admiration for Camden in the last few years. They, like many Western Sydney clubs (ours included) have had some pretty testing times over the last 10 years and more but have now gained a lot of respect. Full kudo's to Josh, Warren, Deirdre, Greg and co from the cattery for their work. I worked alongside with them during the finals series when they ran the canteen and did an admirable job indeed (Ok, I got a free sanger or two off them). They will certainly be close to favourites for the flag in 2015.

Just noticed an earlier comment from Peter P from East Coast saying that it was his first post in 6 years. Previous one was actually in 2012, so if he serves me up an Eagle Burger at Purser, I'll be checking my change

Good luck to all clubs with recruiting, retaining and expanding their clubs in 2015. Should be another great year
    Agree that Camden need to focus on winning Div 2 before getting to far ahead of themselves. Should be easier for them now that we are no longer in Div 2.

I did hear Josh state during the finals campaign that they find it hard to gain depth when they can't get an U19's.

Does anyone know why the 19's has been given back to CTown when the only 17's in that area is the Camden Blues?

Good luck Hug7559 you should have a good list to work with from all accounts.

Will definitely be heading out west for an Eagles Burger again next year. Looking forward to the new structures and competition in 2015.

It's been a fun year on RWO, and I want to wish you all an enjoyable and safe Christmas. I've enjoyed being a part of this forum with all of you.
    And I hope that we will all be back in 2015 for a bigger and better season, rewarding for all, on and off the field.

Special greetings and thanks to the irrepressible Norris for keeping us out of the Slander/Libel Court, and for running the tipping comp for us.

Keep those posts coming in during the off season.....it's a long long break if we can't talk footy together !!

Regular in the Side
    I noticed that Bruce Purser will go by a different name this year. Whilst I see the commercial benefits, has this been approved by local council??? I did not think the name of an oval would be just allowed to be changed even unofficially. Of course there's Monarch Oval which I guess would be of a similar ilk. If there's nothing holding clubs back, I cant wait for every ground to be re-badged real soon.

Yes approved or it wouldnt of been done

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Boy View Post
    I noticed that Bruce Purser will go by a different name this year. Whilst I see the commercial benefits, has this been approved by local council??? I did not think the name of an oval would be just allowed to be changed even unofficially. Of course there's Monarch Oval which I guess would be of a similar ilk. If there's nothing holding clubs back, I cant wait for every ground to be re-badged real soon.
    Thank you for your concern Coastal Boy. The oval didn't need a name a change because it has never had one.

The complex is still called Bruce Purser Reserve and will be for time immemorial. The playing arena however is now known as Kanebridge Oval and will be recognised by the AFL and Cricket NSW as such in their fixture listings and media releases.

Council will also refer to the oval as Kanebridge Oval seeing as how they approved the commercial arrangement at our request.

You'll also see that Google has recognised it already as well ....
    www.eastcoasteagles.com.au

Regular in the Side
    Well hats off to Ece for their initiative. The local council must be very approachable and happy to consider new ideas. It doesn't sound like the cricket receive any financial benefit so its good they haven't attempted to block the new naming or look at renaming it themselves over the summer when its theirs. I can only imagine a multinational company like McDonald's or Coca-Cola would be happy to pay to have a ground have their name. So why don't they do it? Are their many examples of local footy playing at grounds in Sydney or elsewhere with commercial arrangement names?

Cricket have shared in the spoils CB.

Senior Player
    CB Unley Oval in SA (Sturts Home) was renamed Envestra Park in 2013. Envestra changed its name to Australian Gas Networks last year and decided they wanted the oval named after a significant figure going forward. In 2015 it will be known as Peter Motley Oval. Im sure their are others around but this is the first Ive heard of a sponsor not using their own name.

Almost Football Legend
    Fixtures for all divisions are now released.
    It's always a tough juggling act, and every club will have some weekends where they're split over multiple grounds - much as they try to minimise it, it's unavoidable.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Warming the Bench
    Lots of denied clearances going from Campbelltown - anyone know why they were denied?
    Carn the Southern Power.....

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast