Thread: What teams would BJ be in the starting 22 ?

What teams would BJ be in the starting 22 ?

I suspect BJ may be a starting player at a St Kilda for example...........but how many more starting 22s would he make right now ?

Brandon Jack is in my opinion at a cross roads with the Swans

Harry, Lloyd, Mitchell, Heeney, Zac, Rohan and Towers are all probably in front him right now............not by much but BJ i feel has dropped back a little in his ability to play a variety of roles in Snrs

Im intrigued to hear more and what your thoughts are for 2015 BJ ?
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

I couldn't see him getting a certain start at any club apart from Melbourne. He has a lot of upside and hopefully he shows it this Pre season!

Warming the Bench
    Melbourne and St Kilda.

Disposal not good enough, especially under pressure. Frankly, I can't see a spot for him with all the mids coming through. As far as smaller forwards go we have McGlynn and Cunningham.

Veteran Site Admin
    Very few players outside any team's best 22 would be automatic selections at most other clubs' best 22s. Lists are relatively even.

He's one of a dozen or so developing players we have, most of whom wouldn't be automatic starters in other clubs' best 22s. It's up to him to develop his game so he gives himself a chance, no different to the rest. Most won't make it but he's got as decent as a chance as many others on our list.

Veterans List
    Not sure he's a starter at any other club, maybe St.Kilda and Melbourne but even then he would need to consistently produce.

This season really is critical for BJ, he exceeded expectations in 2013 but after setting that base he maybe slipped back a little in 2014. Really needs to step up this year because as you say, others have moved past him in the pecking order an our ND pick of Caleb Daniels looks a very likely pressuring small forward and is a natural :-)

Our ND pick Caleb Daniels? when did this happen ?

Goes up to 11
    BJ has great speed, an excellent pedigree, and an older brother who is an outstanding player. His debut last year was very much ahead of schedule, so we shouldn't be expecting him to set the world on fire for another year or two. IMHO he is certainly a project player with massive upside who is worth sticking with for a few more years at least.

BJ had a great first year but didn't back up last season. He still has the same speed but his ball handling was very shaky on many occasions in 2014. We played him in a few early matches and I don't think he deserved selection. His form in the Reserves was pretty ordinary. This often happens to a player who has a standout first year.

He needs to come back and work on ball handling, pacing his run and settling before disposing instead of maintaining full pace. He needs to work on his tackling technique funnily enough as well. Many of his tackles were broken last season. But these are things the coaches would have told him already. He did improve toward the end of the season but by then a few players were ahead of him.