Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Membership packages for 2015

Membership packages for 2015

Just got the email from the Swans - woohoo! But sadly there don't seem to be any reserved seats on level 2 of the Noble/Bradman stands :-(

Have the seating arrangements changed? I thought that there were reserved seats at the Driver Ave end last year?

I really love the new stand and am keen to keep sitting there, but would prefer a reserved seat this year. How do the facilities in the Brewongle compare? Is it worth making the move?

Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    I really love the new stand and am keen to keep sitting there, but would prefer a reserved seat this year. How do the facilities in the Brewongle compare? Is it worth making the move?
    If the facilities are important to you it is a no-brainer. They are MILES better in the new stand vs the Brewongle. Everything from the bars, the food outlets, the space to stand around and drink/eat, the video screens, the toilets. On the last, just ask any woman who, like me, tramples over anyone who gets in their way to beat the queue at the Ladies in the Brewongle at half-time! And in the new stand you could spend the whole match in the Ladies (and presumably the Gents) watching the swish video screen so conveniently located if you were so inclined!

However personally I prefer the Brewongle for the view I get from a wing position and for the fact that I am directly opposite and with perfect vision of, the large video screen. Plus no sun issues from the western sun (although that should not be an issue in the new stand either).

Membership packages for 2015

Further to my comments above: I recently did my third public tour of the SCG. Having done it once by myself and having enjoyed it immensely (as both a cricket and footy tragic) I now take like-minded friends/relies from interstate there when they stay with me.

The tour now includes the new stand (which was not part of the tour the first two times as it was then still under construction). And this includes a visit to the swish new media facilities up on the top level. And I do mean swish- they have a lovely private dining area/ bar facility to retreat to immediately behind the media viewing area. Just as well Kerry O'Keefe has retired from the ABC cricket commentary team! The view from up there is stunning. From a cricket perspective it is perfect as it is behind the stumps but I wonder if it suits the footy call as well does a wing position.

Because my tour only had two people (one of my sisters plus me) and because the guide quickly twigged we were interested in AFL and cricket but not rugby/RL, he skipped the Allianz Stadium part of the tour and instead took us to the old media and corporate box areas in the Brewongle/Churchill stands. In comparison to the new stand they are cramped and primitive. It was still fascinating to see though and I loved walking in areas where legends of the game/s have been before.

I know I've said it before but this tour is a 'must' for those who love the history of sport in Sydney. Sadly it does not include the Swans dressing rooms. The guide said they keep trying to get permission to include those areas but without success. I had hoped that it might be possible in the off-season but I suppose that is only a very short period of time.

Ps: each time I do this tour I plug the idea that the Brewongle should be renamed the Adam Goodes Stand after it is refurbished (and one of the bars within the stand named the Brewongle Bar). The guide on this last occasion looked genuinely interested in the idea. So keep dropping the idea anywhere you think it might have influence!

Well, that's a bit of a jip!!
    No more "premiership club" memberships. Good. Save me getting the @@@@s when people upgrade their membership to premiership club in Round 21.
    To guarantee a granny ticket, you need to become an Ultimate 11 member ($970 x 1 adult) or a Redback member ($1290 x 1 adult).
    The Platinum 11 membership ($530 x 1 adult) basically just gets you into games. (I'm quoting the platinum pricing because that's my level of seating.)
    I'll renew my redback membership, but I was going to buy another adult with premiership club... not worth $970.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    No more "premiership club" memberships. Good. Save me getting the @@@@s when people upgrade their membership to premiership club in Round 21.
    To guarantee a granny ticket, you need to become an Ultimate 11 member ($970 x 1 adult) or a Redback member ($1290 x 1 adult).
    The Platinum 11 membership ($530 x 1 adult) basically just gets you into games. (I'm quoting the platinum pricing because that's my level of seating.)
    I'll renew my redback membership, but I was going to buy another adult with premiership club... not worth $970.
    Huh? That's not what my email says. As below:

"To keep the membership you held in 2014, sit back and relax. You don't need to do a thing. Your membership will roll over automatically on Swans Smart Pay, brought to you by Citi. The first payment for 2015 will be charged to your current credit card on November 28, 2014.

The cost of your membership for 2015 is detailed below in line with Swans Smart Pay terms and conditions.

Premiership Club Platinum 11 Adult

Membership Total: $630"

Swans Smart Pay Amount: $630*

Perhaps they are allowing renewal of EXISTING PC memberships but new PC membership has to be at the level Annie is quoting.

Senior Player
    It is very confusing. Looks like there will be many calls to swans membership to clarify. I am hoping that those of us that have premiership club membership with guaranteed GF ticket will still be allowed that level. The ultra membership is significantly more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    I just checked the Swans website and the good news is that you can add a Premiership club upgrade to any membership for $100.

And what's more, you don't even have to get the @@@s - the $100 price is only good if you buy it before April 30. After that it will increase by $10/month!

Just look under "Benefits" - you should be able to find it.

Thanks very much, Meg for the tips. I really do enjoy the facilities, and I don't mind the viewing angle if I can sit closer to the Members and on the second tier - still get an ok view of the scoreboard and of the ground. I guess I'll just have to buy a red zone ticket and arrive early and watch the ressies

I'm also a big winner from the 2015 fixture - I can't go to games on Sunday and the SCG is much more convenient, so next year is shaping up as footy-filled for me. I can't wait for winter!

Thanks kids.... I couldn't find where it said "add premmie club".
    Very confusing.
    I'll ring the club rather than do it online.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Blog Entries
    Interesting.

Purchase your membership before April 30, 2015 to guarantee the price listed above. The upgrade will increase by $10 each month for adult or concession members, and $5 per month for juniors once the season is underway, and while stock lasts. Premiership Club is expected to SELL OUT in 2015, so get in early and save.
    I'm pretty sure this was discussed on RWO in the last few years as an option.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast