Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Meet Isaac Heeney

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Shaw, malceski, Goodes? Bird? They would be my first 4,
    Jones, Mitchell & Heeney - Please refer to my comments in "Sydney Swans best 22, 2015 AFL Premiership Season" thread.

I like Bird too, but I can't see any other front line midfielders going out ahead of him. I did have a mental lapse though and forgot about Harry and Jake. It's been a while...

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    I like Bird too, but I can't see any other front line midfielders going out ahead of him. I did have a mental lapse though and forgot about Harry and Jake. It's been a while...
    I can see us restructuring the mids this year. One of our problems is we have too many ex-outside players playing in the mids together. I think we have to go with more natural inside mids like Kennedy, Parker, Bird, Mitchell, Heeney (inside/outside), Hewett (inside/outside). We need to go with 2 nat inside to 1 I/O in the centre square. The outside mids should attack from the back of the square running toward our goal or from wings. This would free up our forward line and enable us to run the ball in if they dropped one back.

Meet Isaac Heeney

According to Peter FitzSimmons in the SMH: 'Isaac Heeney. The new Swans player has been christened by his teammates "Zucchini."'

obviously !!

"be tough, only when it gets tough"

Listen out for "Zook, Zook, kick it to me!"
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    According to Peter FitzSimmons in the SMH: 'Isaac Heeney. The new Swans player has been christened by his teammates "Zucchini."'
    Teddy announced it the other day.

Word on the street is that Isaac is going to get the number 5 guernsey.

Wearing No.5 is a dream come true for Swan Heeney - AFL.com.au

Correct

Some big numbers issued out today and seems there is a need for big shoes to be filled.

Rod_

Veterans List
    Tim Membery replacement James Rose gets Membery's old no.1 jumper.......who'd 'ave thunk it?

Surprised Lloyd din't move to 9, 17 or 18
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Maybe Adam Goodes, LRT, Jake Lloyd and Shane Mumford have started a trend by keeping their original numbers and not changing to lower numbers.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast