Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Meet Isaac Heeney

Blog Entries

Meet Isaac Heeney

Veteran Site Admin
    Sounds like a good sort - wonder if we have some chance of snaring him?!!

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Sounds like a good sort - wonder if we have some chance of snaring him?!!
    I'd say we're in with a good chance - as long as we manage to hide him away from more deserving teams such as Collingwood.....

Veterans List
    That's the great thing about the Academy program, we get to hide away talent from the prying eyes of the VFL clubs.

Justr another of Eddie's stupid statements for which no one picks him up. And to think he has sway at HQ! :-(

good on him plugging what he thought was important for the general public to hear

exciting young player who was kicking well above average on his non preferred foot also setting up play
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    That's the great thing about the Academy program, we get to hide away talent from the prying eyes of the VFL clubs.

Justr another of Eddie's stupid statements for which no one picks him up. And to think he has sway at HQ! :-(
    The only one's we get to hide away from the VFL clubs are the duds. Every AFL club is fully aware of the guns in any of the academies.

Heeney is a very unusual and top end talent. When I say unusual I mean he comes with inbuilt mongrel. In that way he is similar to Jones. He is tough, hard at it, highly skilled and a true athlete. I think Lukie might just have found a Surfing partner. Surfing is the most popular sport in Newcastle. I am impressed with Isaac's endurance running. He just keeps going all day and for opposition it is very difficult to combat. Like the young ROK, who ran opposition players off their feet, Isaac will do the same. It will come down to opposition coaches playing several players on him in a quarter, it already has at other levels, RAMS etc.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Heeney is a very unusual and top end talent. When I say unusual I mean he comes with inbuilt mongrel. In that way he is similar to Jones. He is tough, hard at it, highly skilled and a true athlete. I think Lukie might just have found a Surfing partner. Surfing is the most popular sport in Newcastle. I am impressed with Isaac's endurance running. He just keeps going all day and for opposition it is very difficult to combat. Like the young ROK, who ran opposition players off their feet, Isaac will do the same. It will come down to opposition coaches playing several players on him in a quarter, it already has at other levels, RAMS etc.
    If they take anything from this years Grand Final, then surely it is our desperate need for some proper mongrel in our team. So when the Wees and poos try and intimidate us next time around, we have some people willing to give it back to them. Despite all the other aspects of the grand final, it was the complete mongrel intent of the Hawks that set the tone. They never gave us a minute to settle into our 'gameplan' (If we actually had one!) and they did this by stirring it up. And like the timid one in the playground, we took the bullying without a whimper in reply.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veteran Site Admin
    2014 AFL draft a level playing field for recruiters

Here is Quayle's ranking of her top 30 prospects for this year's draft, and she's plonked Heeney right at the top. Who knows whether he is a better prospect than the rest, but with her it's not trying to overhype him as a stab at the academy. She's been a big supporter of the concept and has frequently pointed out that it's largely because of the academy that he's developed as he has.

Veterans List
    Thanks Liz, could probably have done without the No.1 ranking, will give Eddie more ammo :-(

Interesting that Emma rates Abe Davis just outside her top 30, fingers doubly crossed that we have snared a KPD there.

The eveness of the draft means there should still be a potentially good player available at our lone pick 39.

From memory we picked up Heath Grundy as a Rookie ? but watching Abe i dont see Abe much different to Heath at the same age ?.........I think Abe may hold a similar role to reg in years to come.

Back to Heeney though.........it is arguable in my opinion on who will be better between Callum Mills and Isaac.........both brilliant young talent and genuine top 10 midfielders in their respective drafts you would guess given that Callum Mills a year younger has matched Isaac in some games this year ..................

but all that matters is that both players get to the Swans and we are very fortunate if that occurs
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Heeney is pretty special but I think Mills could be another level again.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast