Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So i re-watched the first 2 qrts of the grand final

Suspended by the MRP

So i re-watched the first 2 qrts of the grand final

Damn the hawks got the sniff that it was their day from about the 15 minute mark and were relentless from then on. Also once they got a feel for the umpiring they knew it was theres. Notable mention is the terrible elbow by McEvoy on Jetta and Rohans face getting in the way of Mitchells elbow, which is the way stevic saw it. Same as buddies neck and face being in the way of that pillar of fair play, Brian Lake.

Then the final straw was Grundys terrible non mark and spoil.

After those incidents and some "unsociable footy" from the hawks some of the boys body language was gone, they knew it wasn't going to be their flag.

We can blame the pea heart effort and take pot shots at the lads but in reality the hawks, with the help of stevic, was never going to loose this game. Players like Hodge made sure of it, think the guy is a gun but prone to dog acts.

Anyway i still havent watched the second half as on the day i switched it off put my headphones on, took 3 valiums, drank some whisky, so by the time it was all over i was asleep.

The umpiring had nothing to do with the loss, nor the Hawks physicality. It was our response that was pathetic. It was bad enough to take the gloss off 2012 for me, because the historical narrative will be that we stole it in 2012 before the Hawks restored their "rightful" dominance in 2014. It still makes me sick to think about.

On the Rookie List
    Yeah the Swans lost it, obviously, but umpiring is never impartial. To say that experienced umpires entrenched for years in the system aren't aware of the preferred outcome for the VFL - and not have that in their minds somewhere when umpiring - is incredibly naive. We've all seen it time and time again. Sometimes the umpires do all they can and the less favoured team are required to be better than they would otherwise need to be if there was true impartiality.

The game is corrupt, and you would have to be the AFL Team of the Century to prove infallible to such corruption.

AFL wanted the Hawks to win, as they did in 2012. The Swans just made it easier for them than 2 years ago.
    "Take me down to the Paradise City where the grass is green and the Swans win pretty."

Quote Originally Posted by JPK12 View Post

Anyway i still havent watched the second half as on the day i switched it off put my headphones on, took 3 valiums, drank some whisky, so by the time it was all over i was asleep.
    Wish I could have done that at the ground on the day!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    I think I did the last part.

Warming the Bench
    Nothing to do with Stevic.....
    Carn the Southern Power.....

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    The umpiring had nothing to do with the loss, nor the Hawks physicality. It was our response that was pathetic. It was bad enough to take the gloss off 2012 for me, because the historical narrative will be that we stole it in 2012 before the Hawks restored their "rightful" dominance in 2014. It still makes me sick to think about.
    Have you watched the game since?

The umpiring was pathetic in the first qrt.

No one stole anything, thats just an insulting narrative that victorians love to throw around. We won 2012 fair and square and deserved it.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodthirsty View Post
    Yeah the Swans lost it, obviously, but umpiring is never impartial. To say that experienced umpires entrenched for years in the system aren't aware of the preferred outcome for the VFL - and not have that in their minds somewhere when umpiring - is incredibly naive. We've all seen it time and time again. Sometimes the umpires do all they can and the less favoured team are required to be better than they would otherwise need to be if there was true impartiality.

The game is corrupt, and you would have to be the AFL Team of the Century to prove infallible to such corruption.

AFL wanted the Hawks to win, as they did in 2012. The Swans just made it easier for them than 2 years ago.
    The umpire plays a massive role in outcomes in AFL games. People who think its below them to complain about the umpiring are just in massive denial, the same people who think AFL is the most loved game in the world.

AFL is the easiest game for an official to rig as its rules are open to many interpretations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    I think the warm sun of the day helped me fall asleep in no time.

I woke after 8 hours and the first thing i said to my wife was "did we win" and no sooner than finishing the sentence it hit me we got flogged..such a terrible feeling.

Nah.
    I won't even watch it up to Reg's terrible mark and non-spoil... after that it fell apart.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

On the Rookie List
    Let's not forget home ground advantage. Probably the biggest factor. No such thing as equality.
    "Take me down to the Paradise City where the grass is green and the Swans win pretty."

Suspended by the MRP
    Its farcical when i hear in the media teams like hawks and pies are playing for a spot in the finals and a chance to play at home twice.

When they do anyway!

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by JPK12 View Post
    Its farcical when i hear in the media teams like hawks and pies are playing for a spot in the finals and a chance to play at home twice.

When they do anyway!
    Hey man just wondering......why on earth would you watch this match again? Have you done something terrible that you are trying to atone for or punish yourself for?? Or have you sold yourself to science and helping scientists measure exactly how much disappointment a human being can handle; really pushing past the extremes of human capabilities? ...Hope it pays well!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast