Thread: Salary cap management

Salary cap management

Who's the best-paid Dog?

Seriously?
    We sign 2 players within the salary cap rules and the world is up in arms.
    GW$ have someone else pay 80% of Griffen's first year and nobody bats an eye?
    And we are meant to believe in equitable treatment of all clubs?

GRRRRR
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Ridiculous on the face of it. Part of the cost of getting Boyd. But what a cost, and I don't just mean the money.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Yes interesting the machinations of the AFL. If you are a Victorian club, GWS or Gold Coast the same rules don't apply. Welcome to the VFL people.

Utterly ridiculous in my book, especially when you consider how we've been punished about Tippett and Buddy.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Regular in the Side
    Just curious. The 80% of Griffens salary paid by the dogs is included in the TPP for which team or is it both teams?

Suspended by the MRP
    Come on if you're a sydney fan and haven't realised that the AFL is run in the best interest of the VFL and the money men down there then welcome to the real world. I am sure if you bring this up along with a list of other things a Victorian fan will still argue until they are red in the face that we have cheated due to a salary cap advantage.