Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's with the Big Footy forum mod's?

Ha I managed 26 points with my first post and have not been allowed back since.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    What did you say???

Suspended by the MRP
    I got a seven day ban from the Big Footy Collingwood site for proposing some deals to get Dayne Beams to the Swans when the news broke.

I was proposing to give them Tom Mitchell, Tim Membrey and a 2nd Round. I was emphasising that Barry Mitchell was a Collingwood great and that it would be great for the Pies to have another father / son. I said that Membrey was a good goal kicker and his tattoos would be highly regarded at Collingwood. Some pies posters were actually complementing the Swans on their ability to get top players and some were asking for more information on Mitchell and Membrey. Some disputed if Barry Mitchell was a Collingwood great.

Eventually a pies moderator banned my for seven days because proposing deals to get Beams was upsetting the Pies fans in what was a sensitive issue.

The Red and White Community knows that Matt80 likes a deal. As Warrick Capper once said "Big Deals, Big Wheels, I know it's coming".

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Anyone here go on the Big Footy forums? I am continually getting suspended for 'offending' opposition fans(mainly Hawk fans!), sometimes warranted, sometimes not, but now I have been 'Banned'. No reason given, and I can't for the life of me think what I have said to receive this latest penalty. I will say it most likely involved COLA discussions. A question for anyone who may be able to enlighten me. Are the BF moderators known for having thin skins, or is it just mod's from certain teams that like to punish people who say things they don't agree with, or don't want to hear, or that are too close to the truth?!! I'm confused, and pissed off.....
    If their infraction system works like ours, you receive points for each infraction.
    When you reach a threshold, you cop a suspension, we have several threshold levels.
    When you finally reach the highest threshold, it usually results in a ban. So the last infraction given could be for a minor offence, but it has put you over the ban threshold.

Think of it like demerit points on your License. Pretty much the same thing. Reach the set threshold, you lose your license. Even if the final demerit point was for a minor infringement.

Veterans List
    Legend!!!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    If their infraction system works like ours, you receive points for each infraction.
    When you reach a threshold, you cop a suspension, we have several threshold levels.
    When you finally reach the highest threshold, it usually results in a ban. So the last infraction given could be for a minor offence, but it has put you over the ban threshold.

Think of it like demerit points on your License. Pretty much the same thing. Reach the set threshold, you lose your license. Even if the final demerit point was for a minor infringement.
    Exactly correct. The last infraction was because I told a Hawk fan to stop looking at everything through his 'poos and wees' coloured glasses! Pathetic to think this was offensive. It took me over the 20 pt threshold....They also told me it could have been for another post, where I told someone to 'do your maths, idiot'. FFS, it doesn't take much, does it? They can GF! And I told them as much, so I won't be returning to BF......

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    What did you say???
    I found an interesting article regarding the numbers of footballers from VFL clubs who enlisted for WW2. The Historian who wrote it made a point of noting how Collingwood had significantly less participants than any other VFL club. I was extremely pissed off with Eddie so I decided to post it on the main board and as you can imagine it didn't last very long. Eddie must rule BF too.

PS. I may have also made the odd comment or two about their reluctance to get involved. Hard to understand how they got upset really.
    Last edited by aardvark; 21st November 2014 at 07:12 PM.

I found an interesting article regarding the numbers of footballers from VFL clubs who enlisted for WW2. The Historian who wrote it made a point of noting how Collingwood had significantly less participants than any other VFL club. I was extremely pissed off with Eddie so I decided to post it on the main board and as you can imagine it didn't last very long. Eddie must rule BF too.

PS. I may have also made the odd comment or two about their reluctance to get involved. Hard to understand how they got upset really.
    Ah, maybe you deserved the ban then!

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Ah, maybe you deserved the ban then!
    I never said it wasn't justified. It made me feel better though.

I never said it wasn't justified. It made me feel better though.
    I empathise with that. But sometimes the other party feels the same. I reported someone who regularly posted vile comments about the Swans, most particularly about Adam Goodes, on 'The Roar' and he/she was subsequently banned (at least I assume so as he/she was a regular poster who disappeared after my report). I too was very pleased!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Exactly correct. The last infraction was because I told a Hawk fan to stop looking at everything through his 'poos and wees' coloured glasses! Pathetic to think this was offensive. It took me over the 20 pt threshold....They also told me it could have been for another post, where I told someone to 'do your maths, idiot'. FFS, it doesn't take much, does it? They can GF! And I told them as much, so I won't be returning to BF......
    That type of post will get you a warning at least here.
    Subsequent posts of similar ilk will result in points.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    That type of post will get you a warning at least here.
    Subsequent posts of similar ilk will result in points.
    Seriously? I just think poos and wees is funny , albeit in a childish way, but I can understand with straight out name calling, like 'idiot'. No, I will behave here, it will be easier to as we're all on the same team. My trouble on BF was that I kept going on the main board and becoming exasperated with opposition fans and their stupid opinions about our great club, and then biting back....with considerable bite. I like it here more anyway, posters are more sensible. My goal will be zero infraction points on RWO.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast