Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's with the Big Footy forum mod's?

Veterans List

What's with the Big Footy forum mod's?

Anyone here go on the Big Footy forums? I am continually getting suspended for 'offending' opposition fans(mainly Hawk fans!), sometimes warranted, sometimes not, but now I have been 'Banned'. No reason given, and I can't for the life of me think what I have said to receive this latest penalty. I will say it most likely involved COLA discussions. A question for anyone who may be able to enlighten me. Are the BF moderators known for having thin skins, or is it just mod's from certain teams that like to punish people who say things they don't agree with, or don't want to hear, or that are too close to the truth?!! I'm confused, and pissed off.....

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Anyone here go on the Big Footy forums? I am continually getting suspended for 'offending' opposition fans(mainly Hawk fans!), sometimes warranted, sometimes not, but now I have been 'Banned'. No reason given, and I can't for the life of me think what I have said to receive this latest penalty. I will say it most likely involved COLA discussions. A question for anyone who may be able to enlighten me. Are the BF moderators known for having thin skins, or is it just mod's from certain teams that like to punish people who say things they don't agree with, or don't want to hear, or that are too close to the truth?!! I'm confused, and pissed off.....
    I've been through moderators on an AFL related supporters website put me through a ban. It can be frustrating and upsetting, particularly when you love a sport team and possess some left field thinking outside the norm.

The best thing to do in the AFL offseason is follow another sport for a little while, particularly in the AFL offseason where the 3km run is the exciting weekly event.

I'm into my NFL at the moment and love the 49ers. Give the NFL a try. It's fascinating learning the rules, positions, strategies and nuances of the game. Their commentators and match day coverage leave the AFL for dead.

Follow the NFL until after the Super Bowl in early February and you will be ready for another AFL season.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    I'm into my NFL at the moment and love the 49ers. Give the NFL a try. It's fascinating learning the rules, positions, strategies and nuances of the game. Their commentators and match day coverage leave the AFL for dead.
    Do they have any supporters forums?

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Do they have any supporters forums?
    I have not checked, but I was highly impressed with the comment sections of the NFL.com site. You can only have your comments posted through a Facebook account. This lowers the amount of anonymous comments as people are unlikely to set up a whole new and fake Facebook account just to post on NFL.com.

I'm sure that every team has their unofficial supporters forums and their committed people like ScottH who drive the sites. I would imagine that the 49ers would have some tech gurus in Silicone Valley driving their unofficial sites.

ScottH, can we make the San Fran 49ers the official NFL team of the Red and White Community. The colours are similar and San Fran and Sydney have similar feels as cities and have similar lifestyle demographics. Just an idea.

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Hi stevoswan,

My advice is to avoid the main board on BigFooty. Almost every thread about Sydney on there in the last 2 years (since we signed Tippett and Buddy) seems to end in COLA discussions. My guess is as a Sydney supporter posting there, you were unlucky enough to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Sometimes you have to pick which discussions you want to take part in.

They have a points system whereby if you accumulate a certain number of points from suspensions, you get banned -- but you're probably better off sticking to RWO, to be honest. Just think of it as your online 'sanctuary' where you don't have to deal with idiot Hawk supporters. Their collective obsession with us since we beat them in 2012 and signed Franklin is bizarre to say the least.

But Matt80's suggestion isn't a bad one. The T20 Big Bash is worth watching too, I was skeptical at first but I think the format is far better suited to 'tournament'-style fixtures between franchises, rather than state or national teams, I quite enjoyed it last summer.

The off season can be a bit boring. Here are a few suggestions to pass the time:

1. le-cicatrici_N2.jpgHave knee replacement surgery. When you're on the oxycontin, you won't care about footy. When they take you off it, you'll be fully occupied thinking of ways to end your life. Once it's over you'll have some good scars to show off to your mates.
    2. resize.jpgGo on vacation. You might even run into some of your favourite footy players. These guys went to the Tiger Kingdom in Chiang Mai, which is pretty close to my house. You can stop in a see me (just kidding ).Las Vegas sounds like a good destination to catch up with footy players on their end of season holiday. Check with Matt80. He's a Vegas legend --- bigger than Elvis.
    3. ek53a5a9e4.jpgRead a book. I know it's a crazy idea and quite archaic, but I once knew someone who said it can be enjoyable. Who knows?
    4. 9429968994_99509b887c_m.jpg Or do what I usually do. Pack your bags and move to another country. By the time you settle in, it will be just in time for round 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    ScottH, can we make the San Fran 49ers the official NFL team of the Red and White Community. The colours are similar and San Fran and Sydney have similar feels as cities and have similar lifestyle demographics. Just an idea.
    Matt80 have you considered that:

1) AFL following Swans fans might not care one iota about NFL

or

2) they might follow another NFL team?

either way, imposing a team that you support on others, might be "just an idea", just not a very good one ... in my opinion ... and apart from the colours, & your belief that the cities are similar ... it's got nothing to do with AFL & has no real place on a RWO forum ... unless you care to post it in the general area?

Suspended by the MRP
    Bigfooty is toxic. You end up being stuck in a vortex of stupid. Remember you are posting on a site that has footy fanatics and i am talking about the type that eat breath and @@@@ football 24/7. Also you are dealing with teenagers and grown men who like to act like teenagers.

Hawk fans seem to be the most toxic of the lot. This is going back before we became their public enemy number 1 as prior to us geelong supporters on bigfooty were the targets.

Hawk fans take aggressive behavior to the next level. Essendon fans are just arrogant and you can ignore them, collingwood fans just suffer from years and year of hatred so its made them the way they are, blue fans are OK.

But hawk fans..woah I dont know what it is, if its because they have a massive amount of male fans in the 30-50 year old age bracket (most of them were kids in the 80s during the hawks domination) and so there's a lot more testosterone but in the past two years at hawk vs swans game the majority of aggression has come from this age group.

Just stay away as you wont win or change an opinion on that site.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    The off season can be a bit boring. Here are a few suggestions to pass the time:

1. le-cicatrici_N2.jpgHave knee replacement surgery. When you're on the oxycontin, you won't care about footy. When they take you off it, you'll be fully occupied thinking of ways to end your life. Once it's over you'll have some good scars to show off to your mates.
    2. resize.jpgGo on vacation. You might even run into some of your favourite footy players. These guys went to the Tiger Kingdom in Chiang Mai, which is pretty close to my house. You can stop in a see me (just kidding ).Las Vegas sounds like a good destination to catch up with footy players on their end of season holiday. Check with Matt80. He's a Vegas legend --- bigger than Elvis.
    3. ek53a5a9e4.jpgRead a book. I know it's a crazy idea and quite archaic, but I once knew someone who said it can be enjoyable. Who knows?
    4. 9429968994_99509b887c_m.jpg Or do what I usually do. Pack your bags and move to another country. By the time you settle in, it will be just in time for round 1.
    That cheered me up Luddy. Getting a new knee tomorrow week! Sounds like fun.

Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    Getting a new knee tomorrow week! Sounds like fun.
    Good luck, hope it goes well, I'll be up for one in a couple of years.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Xie Shan View Post
    Hi stevoswan,

My advice is to avoid the main board on BigFooty. Almost every thread about Sydney on there in the last 2 years (since we signed Tippett and Buddy) seems to end in COLA discussions. My guess is as a Sydney supporter posting there, you were unlucky enough to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Sometimes you have to pick which discussions you want to take part in.

They have a points system whereby if you accumulate a certain number of points from suspensions, you get banned -- but you're probably better off sticking to RWO, to be honest. Just think of it as your online 'sanctuary' where you don't have to deal with idiot Hawk supporters. Their collective obsession with us since we beat them in 2012 and signed Franklin is bizarre to say the least.

But Matt80's suggestion isn't a bad one. The T20 Big Bash is worth watching too, I was skeptical at first but I think the format is far better suited to 'tournament'-style fixtures between franchises, rather than state or national teams, I quite enjoyed it last summer.
    Thanks mate, I agree with all the points you make, I think I will just stick to RWO, it stays friendly! Yes, it is Hawk posters that irritate me the most, they just don't let up, some of them. I too enjoyed the T20 on 10 last summer, will be watching again, but I must say I barracked for Melbourne Stars last season(I'm from Vic, South Melbourne/Swans fan from birth!), then found out who runs them, Eddie McFathead! Renegades for me now.......
    Last edited by stevoswan; 20th November 2014 at 07:58 PM.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post

All good ideas, except the knee op!! Thankfully, while I have had R knee problems in the past, at the moment they're both fine!! I might just read a book, it's the cheapest...I'll have to because I just had my ban clarified, and it's 'permanent'(which actually means I can re apply in a few months, but I'll have to be on my best behaviour!), The latest infraction took me over the 20 pt threshold, and was a 'poos and wees' reference to a Hawk supporter. Bit precious??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast