Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Mills & Dunkley train with us

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by WauchopeAnalyst View Post
    A kid from Coffs Harbour, Jake Brown, could be a gun.
    What local club does/did he play for?
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Veteran Site Admin
    http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-01-1...pect-goes-west

Another fluff piece from the AFL about Mills. But good enough to make us feel warm and fuzzy about snaring another quality midfielder in this year's draft.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Ahhh he's going to be a gun! Will be good if he can sneak in another 5 or 6 NEAFL games this year
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Josh Dunkley has a blog:

Tough start for top AFL draft prospects at Florida training camp - M.afl.com.au

As well as the players and staff, there are 14 clubs represented on the tour by AFL recruiters, and we were introduced to them this morning.

Having spent last week training at Hawthorn and some time at the Sydney Swans late last year, I know a few of the recruiters and the tour will be a good chance to get to know them better.

Scott Clayton from Gold Coast spoke to us and said they see the trip as a valuable exercise in observing how we interact, behave and conduct ourselves, and I think we all understand that.

A lot of people have asked me about the Swans and whether I would like to go there as a father-son player if the opportunity comes up later in the year.

At this point in time there's still so much water to flow under the bridge and so many things to work on, and I haven't really thought about it too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeparovic View Post
    Josh Dunkley has a blog:

Tough start for top AFL draft prospects at Florida training camp - M.afl.com.au

A lot of people have asked me about the Swans and whether I would like to go there as a father-son player if the opportunity comes up later in the year.

At this point in time there's still so much water to flow under the bridge and so many things to work on, and I haven't really thought about it too much.
    A simple "yes" would have been nice

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    A simple "yes" would have been nice
    To be fair to Josh, his chances of getting to the Swans have been put into question by Eddie's pouting. He will realise that there is a chance that the Swans might be forced to choose between him and Mills, so a circumspect response is not out of place.

It's a pretty well written piece for an 18 year old. Assuming it hasn't had a thorough editing from someone, it restores my faith in the Australian education system. Not a grammatical error in sight (that I could spot). And decently composed too - informative, respectful yet still with a little humour.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    To be fair to Josh, his chances of getting to the Swans have been put into question by Eddie's pouting. He will realise that there is a chance that the Swans might be forced to choose between him and Mills, so a circumspect response is not out of place.
    Don't say that, even if it is true.

I agree that Josh was properly diplomatic with his answer.

But what surprised me was the part about Bob Hawke:
    With some time to kill, we had a walk around Sydney Airport and happened to spot former Prime Minister Bob Hawke exchanging money.
    It is really shocking that a former PM still has to work at the foreign exchange desk at his age. You would think that he would have enough money to retire. Unless .............. Josh meant that Bob Hawke was the customer doing the currency exchange. But surely Bob would know you get the worst rates changing money at the airport. Certainly a former Prime Minister, in charge of the finances of an entire nation, wouldn't be so wasteful with his own money. Unless ..................... well, that would explain why the budget is always in deficit. Unless .............. maybe Josh's ghost-writer made the whole thing up just to fill space. I once had a job doing that sort of stuff. Now I doubt that Bob Hawke was even at the airport.

Here's Bob in his usual pose at the cricket, not at the airport:

And here's Bob on his day off from working the foreign exchange desk at the airport, making a little extra cash doing vaudeville:

Hard not to like Bob.

Looks like Eddie's sent in the big guns to try too woo Dunkley Jr. away from the Swans. Will he stop at nothing to destroy us???

"Over summer, Collingwood captain Scott Pendlebury texted me when he was in Sale during Christmas break asking if I was up for some training with him, and of course I was never going to knock back that opportunity."

To be fair, he followed with this...

"As I've played all my local footy in Sale, we're pretty close friends with the Pendlebury family and it was great to get some training in with him to prepare for this camp and the year to come."

Quote Originally Posted by wyatt View Post
    Looks like Eddie's sent in the big guns to try too woo Dunkley Jr. away from the Swans. Will he stop at nothing to destroy us???

"Over summer, Collingwood captain Scott Pendlebury texted me when he was in Sale during Christmas break asking if I was up for some training with him, and of course I was never going to knock back that opportunity."

"As I've played all my local footy in Sale, we're pretty close friends with the Pendlebury family and it was great to get some training in with him to prepare for this camp and the year to come."
    Wonder what Chins would've said if we'd had Hanners drive Buddy down to Darcy Moore's place for some training before Moore accepted the father son selection

Quote Originally Posted by wyatt View Post

Pendels and Dunks have been friend for years. They are from the same area and I think club.

I wouldn't be too concerned about someone trying to woo him. I'd definately be concerned about what F/S and academy rules the VFL introduce.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Pendels and Dunks have been friend for years. They are from the same area and I think club.

I wouldn't be too concerned about someone trying to woo him. I'd definately be concerned about what F/S and academy rules the VFL introduce.
    If Josh Dunkley can get to the Swans via F/S he won't say no.

Collingwood have 1/18th of a chance of getting him via the ND, make that 1/17th because our first rounder will definitely be used on Mills.

Sheeze I hope he doesn't kick like dunks! Goal Square, three meters, kicks out on the full......practice match I have never forgotten. Love Big Dunks hands and body density, couldn't be moved, but ....

Remember the little tacker at training though......1997ish
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234