Thread: 2015 NEAFL draw

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

2015 NEAFL draw

With Belconnen, Queanbeyan and Sydney Hills Eagles dropping out of the NEAFL for 2015, a 11 team competition will take place. For the first time we have been drawn against non-AFL reserves Queensland sides in the H&A fixture, including a Grand Final replay against Aspley in the last round (#21) of the season.

We play UWS 4 times, Gold Coast and Brisbane reserves 3 times each. Of the non-AFL reserves sides, we play Sydney Uni twice and the rest of the sides just once.

We play at the following venues:
    • Drummoyne Oval 3 times
    • SCG 3 times
    • ANZ Stadium 2 times
    • Spotless Stadium 2 times
    • Ainslie Oval 1 time
    • Coorparoo 1 time
    • Graham Road 1 time
    • Mackay 1 time
    • Metricon Stadium 1 time
    • Newcastle 1 time
    • Star Track Oval 1 time
    • TIO Stadium 1 time

at a guess, that means a maximum 5 games with the AFL team - 3 at SCG; 1 at Spotless and 1 at Metricon (although we played there last year, so perhaps not)

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    at a guess, that means a maximum 5 games with the AFL team - 3 at SCG; 1 at Spotless and 1 at Metricon (although we played there last year, so perhaps not)
    I count 7, and the Swans website says there is a possibility the Brisbane game could be moved to the 'Gabba.

NEAFL Round 2 v UWS : AFL Round 3 v GWS @ SCG
    NEAFL Round 6 v Southport : AFL Round 7 v Geelong @ ANZ
    NEAFL Round 9 v Gold Coast : AFL Round 10 v Gold Coast @ Metricon
    NEAFL Round 12 v Sydney Uni : AFL Round 13 v Richmond @ SCG
    NEAFL Round 15 v Redland : AFL Round 16 v Hawthorn @ ANZ
    NEAFL Round 17 v Brisbane : AFL Round 18 v Adelaide @ SCG
    NEAFL Round 20 v UWS : AFL Round 21 v GWS @ Spotless Stadium

Also NEAFL Round 5 v UWS is curtain raiser to GWS v Hawthorn @ Spotless Stadium

For the Drummoyne Oval games
    NEAFL Round 4 v Sydney Uni starts at 6.30 pm, the AFL Round 5 v Western Bulldogs game starts at 2.10 @ SCG. That could be an interesting journey trying to get out there after the seniors game finishes.
    NEAFL Round 13 v UWS Saturday : the corresponding AFL game is Round 14 v Port Adelaide on the Thursday night
    NEAFL Round 19 v Gold Coast Saturday : the corresponding AFL game is Round 20 v Collingwood on the Fridy night.

Veterans List
    Ten games against the other AFL reserves sides is good as they provide a sterner test.

Gold Coast who were a shambles last year because of a huge injury list should be significantly better in 2015, Brisbane too seem to have added depth to their list. As for UWS, with a team full of first round draft picks they should be unbeatable!

...unlike us, with a team full of guys who couldn't be traded.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

And only five games at 'home' instead of eight. Hate this. Drummoyne is now a 'home' ground. Apparently.
    Not so bad for me, fairly close, and at least we are not expected to take passage to Blacktown this year on the same day as a seniors game.
    But I miss getting to the ground at sparrows, lining up for the bun rush to our favourite seats (we have chosen allocated in 2015, its only $20 more!! and I can escape the Noble Stand which is now secular and freezing), and settling down to work out who is who, who is playing like a professional, who is the next in line, who is improving, who stands out as 'not making it', and etc.

I love ressies almost as much as seniors, and I hate being stripped of it.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Two at ANZ as well = 7

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Ten games against the other AFL reserves sides is good as they provide a sterner test.

Gold Coast who were a shambles last year because of a huge injury list should be significantly better in 2015, Brisbane too seem to have added depth to their list. As for UWS, with a team full of first round draft picks they should be unbeatable!
    Aspley, Redland, Nt Thunder & Ainsley are all pretty good sides and recruited very well. They push our blokes and playing Redland & Aspley will be much better than playing our NSW/ACT sides other than Aspley. but I still believe they restrictions on the playing personnel to 14 listed players is crap. This doesn't allow us to get consistent form into players and it also doesn't grow the competition. In other words if the other sides were playing against strong AFL reserves teams all the time they would recruit accordingly. If they want to be a part of the NEAFL I believe all the sides have to develop a strong, winning culture. They have to look at the game more professionally even though they are only semi-professional clubs. The most successful clubs, even at amateur level, were always those that had a professional attitude. Hiring technically, performance & psychologically good coaches. Fitness, skills and psychological edge are all a part of success.