Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Demons to target Zac Jones

Veterans List
    The god like aura of Paul Roos is fading fast......pity. He's only doing his job for his new employer, granted, but he is @@@@ting in his bed in regard to his status at the Swans. He is officially an enemy of the Swans.....it's a bit sad.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    The god like aura of Paul Roos is fading fast......pity. He's only doing his job for his new employer, granted, but he is @@@@ting in his bed in regard to his status at the Swans. He is officially an enemy of the Swans.....it's a bit sad.
    How come so many Swans fans carry on about Roos and how he's now the enemy, yet when Hawthorn fans boo Buddy, its wrong? Its football, players and coaches come and go and just because they're no longer part of the Swans family we should never forget what they did for us when they were.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    How come so many Swans fans carry on about Roos and how he's now the enemy, yet when Hawthorn fans boo Buddy, its wrong? Its football, players and coaches come and go and just because they're no longer part of the Swans family we should never forget what they did for us when they were.
    Hear, hear. And I hope Roos works miracles with the Dees. They're overdue.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Hear, hear. And I hope Roos works miracles with the Dees. They're overdue.
    Agreed!

And returning to the subject of the thread: The higher the Dees finish the worse their position in the PSD, hence the more difficult it would be for Zak to walk to the Dees when his contract ends. Don't want another Membrey or Lamb, who certainly will be a fixture in the GWS reserves side for the foreseeable future (contract termination).

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    I would never boo him!!!! But you have to admit he does target us, knowing he'll get a player that fits his mould, a mould he helped to cast here at the Swans! PS, while I would like to see Melbourne succeed, they've been down too long, yada yada yada, I don't want to see them succeed at our expense.....and I'll admit I was a bit overboard about him being an enemy of the Swans, but he's not acting like a friend either, ATM at least. But I still love him

Suspended by the MRP
    I will not stand by and let this criticism of Roos go unchallenged.

Here are the corporate facts.

1) The Swans made the decision to end his time at the Swans. The Swans said to Roos that the remuneration for his Academy role would be decreased significantly after 2013. They said to Roos that the club wanted to move on from him. He then moved on. Mickey O now fulfils the role for significantly less money.

2) When core executives leave one business to work at another business they very often take key clients and personnel with them. It happens routinely in the advertising, accounting and consulting industries. It's especially likely to happen if the executive has been kicked out the door of the organisation that he has devoted the best part of 20 years of continued service. Paul Roos has every right to go after and take the best assets of the Swans. "That business".

3) The Swans boosted their profit by over $200,000 from the previous reporting period. Most of this increased profit was made up of the cost cutting associated with the Academy Head Coaching role in 2014.

4) Academy players, Swans players and Swans coaches "don't belong to us". To suggest they do is like subjecting them to slavery. They are commercial assets that can be negotiated for by other organisations.

In short Paul Roo's is doing nothing wrong and the Swans organisation have to live with their decision. If they kept his academy salary with a 5% increase a year, he would still be at the Swans.

There is to be no more complaining about Roos. "This is Business".

Putting aside all your babble preaching.

The salary Roos was on, as head coach of the academy, made him the highest paid aussie rules coach in the country, outside of AFL head coaches.
    (This I read in article at the time)

This disproportionate salary was agreed to as part of his deal to hand over the reigns to Horse.

It was clearly unsustainable, particularly now that the benefits of the academy are going to be watered down.

I suspect the Swans management were expecting this when they made the decision to offer Roos a more realistic salary that reflected the position.

He wasn't moved on by the Swans, he was offered a more realistic, sustainable, salary...Which he turned down.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    I will not stand by and let this criticism of Roos go unchallenged.
    To be fair, many of the posts have been pro-Roos.

2) When core executives leave one business to work at another business they very often take key clients and personnel with them. It happens routinely in the advertising, accounting and consulting industries. It's especially likely to happen if the executive has been kicked out the door of the organisation that he has devoted the best part of 20 years of continued service. Paul Roos has every right to go after and take the best assets of the Swans. "That business".
    I think you'll find that many contracts in many businesses have termination clauses that prohibit "poaching" of clients upon a staff member leaving. I know I have one.

4) Swans players and Swans coaches "don't belong to us".
    for the duration of their contract, I suggest they do. That's what a contract is. They have agreed to "belong" to us for that period of time and we have agreed to remunerate them accordingly

To suggest they do is like subjecting them to slavery.
    Not getting a little dramatic, are we?

There is to be no more complaining about Roos. "This is Business".
    No offence but, quite frankly, your "higher than thou" condescending tone sounds dictatorial. A player, coach, CEO, boot-studder leaving a club will evoke an emotional response from the supporters and we have a right to express our displeasure. RWO is a platform to do so. In this instance, however, I think any displeasure is mild at best and most RWO posters have been courteous to Mr Roos, acknowledging his contribution to both the Swans and Dees.
    I suggest you get off your high-horse before you are pushed off.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Putting aside all your babble preaching.

The salary Roos was on, as head coach of the academy, made him the highest paid aussie rules coach in the country, outside of AFL head coaches.
    (This I read in article at the time)

This disproportionate salary was agreed to as part of his deal to hand over the reigns to Horse.

It was clearly unsustainable, particularly now that the benefits of the academy are going to be watered down.

I suspect the Swans management were expecting this when they made the decision to offer Roos a more realistic salary that reflected the position.

He wasn't moved on by the Swans, he was offered a more realistic, sustainable, salary...Which he turned down.
    No. Roos was effectively moved on. Any person who is asked to take a significant salary contract reduction (over 30%) would feel they are being moved on.

His performance at the Academy has been outstanding. Look at the fruit. Brandon Jack, Perris, Heeney, Davis and Hiscox. Mills's development can also be largely attributed to Roos.

Roos has every right to take what he can from the Swans.

His performance at the Academy has been outstanding. Look at the fruit. Brandon Jack, Perris, Heeney, Davis and Hiscox. Mills's development can also be largely attributed to Roos.
    No doubting the potential of all of those 6 players, but at this precise point in time they have played 17 senior games between the lot of them.

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    No doubting the potential of all of those 6 players, but at this precise point in time they have played 17 senior games between the lot of them.
    Haha gotta love statistics!

(Paul Roos) has devoted the best part of 20 years of continued service.
    That's less than 3 senior games per player developed then recruited via the Academy under Roos' reign thus far, and less than one game for every year of Roosey's continued service to the club. If you remove the obvious statistical outlier of Brandon Jack, it drops to a paltry 0% senior game return for Academy players Matt80 credits to Paul Roos (statistically speaking, of course )
    Last edited by 0918330512; 22nd December 2014 at 08:53 AM.

Suspended by the MRP
    Has anyone actually had contact with Roos sans being a fan? Sorry but the guy is really arrogant in a you with me or against me sort of a way. The sort of bloke that if you win him over with what HE wants he will walk hot coals for you but if he doesn't like you well good luck. A massive sarcastic smartarse as well. I didnt laugh at any of his condescending remarks.

In my job i had to deal with the swans a fair few years ago and Roos didnt leave me with a good taste at all.

Or maybe he had a fight with Tammi that day because she wanted to release that good awful book and he didnt. This was 2009.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast