Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 37 to 48 of 62

Thread: Demons to target Zac Jones

  1. #37
    I would rather 'our' boys go to the Demons rather than the Pies, Hawks or Bombers.

  2. #38
    Just as any Premiership player should be welcomed back by the supporters, so should a Premiership coach. He's coaching against us now but I hold him no ill-will and wish him all the best, except when he's playing us. I would hope and expect that when his coaching career does finish that he is always welcome at Swans events such as the Skilton Medal and the like.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

  3. #39
    Veterans List wolftone57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lilyfield
    Posts
    4,236
    Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    I would rather 'our' boys go to the Demons rather than the Pies, Hawks or Bombers.
    Sorry Yvonne demons are still an enemy. I'd rather our boys stay right where they are in the Nest. The D's just need a few battle hardened players and they will be in the mix for the eight. I see what Hawks & Cats are doing to keep in the premiership window and Sheedy did it before them. They get seasoned players from other clubs and plug holes. We don't want to feed them as they are the enemy. Roos or whoever takes over will go down that track at Melbourne. We have done the same thing over the years because of our unique position of nor being able to bottom here. By that I mean Sydney sports fans are fickle, if you are a winner they are on you, if you are a loser they are gone.

  4. #40
    Suspended by the MRP
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,802
    Following the NFL over summer, there are some recruiting rules that we should be bringing into our game.

    1) You should be able to trade for players during the regular football season. This could be open at the half way point of the regular season. This would allow teams greater flexibility in their list management.

    2) Coaches and staff who are under contract can also be traded to other teams either for money, players or another staff member. This could happen more easily as there will be a cap on Football department spending.

    That means that Zak Jones could join the Demons midway through 2015 in exchange for a key defender (if we had a key defender injury crisis).

    We could also trade Stuart Dew out if he is under contract and gets offers a senior job. This could net us a good player or another good staff member.

    The trading rules need to be more open. This is the NFL system, which equals "World Best Practice" .

  5. #41
    Happy and I know it
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    Following the NFL over summer, there are some recruiting rules that we should be bringing into our game.

    1) You should be able to trade for players during the regular football season. This could be open at the half way point of the regular season. This would allow teams greater flexibility in their list management.

    2) Coaches and staff who are under contract can also be traded to other teams either for money, players or another staff member. This could happen more easily as there will be a cap on Football department spending.

    That means that Zak Jones could join the Demons midway through 2015 in exchange for a key defender (if we had a key defender injury crisis).

    We could also trade Stuart Dew out if he is under contract and gets offers a senior job. This could net us a good player or another good staff member.

    The trading rules need to be more open. This is the NFL system, which equals "World Best Practice" .
    Not in my opinion.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

  6. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    This is the NFL system, which equals "World Best Practice" .
    Why does it equal world best practice, Matt? Because it comes from the home of corporate excess and rampant inequality? Because it further entrenches the idea of footballers and coaches as tradeable commodities? Because you read it in an IPA manifesto? Or just because you say it does?

  7. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    Matt80 beats to his own drum.
    You certainly do.

  8. #44
    Veterans List Ludwig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Chiang Rai
    Posts
    5,186

  9. #45
    ouch
    "everybody loves somebody..........sometimes"


  10. #46
    Suspended by the MRP
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,802
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    Why does it equal world best practice, Matt? Because it comes from the home of corporate excess and rampant inequality? Because it further entrenches the idea of footballers and coaches as tradeable commodities? Because you read it in an IPA manifesto? Or just because you say it does?
    Back on topic.

    I think the NFL system allows more flexibility for teams and players. ROK would have been able to seek a trade in the middle of 2014. There may have been a team with an injury depleted midfield who could have used his services. Tommy Walsh could have been traded to the Hawks or Port who had a key defender crisis during the middle part of 2014. If Stuart Dew had been offered the Gold Coast job, we could have asked for a trade of Rory Thompson.

    The AFL executive are always doing study tours of the NFL. They obviously believe it's "Worlds Best Practice" that they want to emulate.

    The NFL stadiums are always sold out, the TV coverage and analysis is amazing. I love the way they use female talent in the coverage. Look up Erin Andrews and Pam Oliver who work on the sidelines. In AFL we get Barry Hall and Matthew Richardson working the sidelines.

    And yes, I believe the NFL is "Worlds Best Practice".

    This is just my opinion.

  11. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    Back on topic.

    I think the NFL system allows more flexibility for teams and players. ROK would have been able to seek a trade in the middle of 2014. There may have been a team with an injury depleted midfield who could have used his services. Tommy Walsh could have been traded to the Hawks or Port who had a key defender crisis during the middle part of 2014. If Stuart Dew had been offered the Gold Coast job, we could have asked for a trade of Rory Thompson.

    The AFL executive are always doing study tours of the NFL. They obviously believe it's "Worlds Best Practice" that they want to emulate.

    The NFL stadiums are always sold out, the TV coverage and analysis is amazing. I love the way they use female talent in the coverage. Look up Erin Andrews and Pam Oliver who work on the sidelines. In AFL we get Barry Hall and Matthew Richardson working the sidelines.

    And yes, I believe the NFL is "Worlds Best Practice".

    This is just my opinion.
    Jesus wept.

  12. #48
    Senior Player DamY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Surry Hills
    Posts
    1,479
    Isn't the saying walks to the best of his own drum?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO