Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WA members

WA members

Over on the Sydney board on Big Footy(under 'membership rort') the WA members seem to have a gripe with the way the club has treated them with a 70% increase in membership prices. I hope we don't lose too many.
    My membership went down this year as I am now entitled to a concession price (showing my age) so I m a happy camper.

As a side to this does anyone know the membership figures so far this year as they usually give an insight as to how we are tracking.

Posted not long ago on Twitter by Andrew Pridham. Its 19,696 - "Heading to smash last years record membership of 40k "

Quote Originally Posted by Livid_Swan View Post
    Posted not long ago on Twitter by Andrew Pridham. Its 19,696 - "Heading to smash last years record membership of 40k "
    Thanks for that. Sorry,I didn't check twitter.

Yeah it is a disgrace the WA Membership offered this year. We get 2 games in WA but can only choose a guaranteed seat to one of those games. The other game comes down to ticket availability and luck. Plus we still have to pay for it and they jack up the price of the membership. I could be wrong on the paying for the second game bit but definitely not wrong about the ballot. We haven't renewed our family yet and to be honest, probably won't. We may only get one or two memberships instead or none. Just not enthused to buy at that price.

Yes. WE haven't renewed. The value is not there. I like to support the club, but I don't like to feel exploited. And the seats last year were terrible.
    Everyone has to balance they're budget priorities. We can do a lot with $340.

Don't blame you in WA.
    Seriously $340 for 2 games. I consider myself to have reasonable disposable income but $340 for two H&A games of footy. No thanks.

That's disgusting and I'd even go far as to say, price gouging.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor J. View Post
    Don't blame you in WA.
    Seriously $340 for 2 games. I consider myself to have reasonable disposable income but $340 for two H&A games of footy. No thanks.
    I think $340 is for two people. WA adult membership is $170 according to Swans website. It includes:

2015 ISC Member Cap
    A reserved seat to a Sydney Swans match played in your home state^ *
    GENERAL ADMISSION entry to 1 home match at the SCG or ANZ Stadium and 1 Swans away match at the MCG or Etihad Stadium**

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: WA interstate members are guaranteed access to one (1) ticket at their preferred match in Western Australia (subject to capacity). Access to the second match played in WA will be determined by ballot and is not guaranteed.

Yes that's right. $170 for 1 membership. That guarantees you entry to 1 game, for which you can express a preference. You then go into a ballot to see if you get a ticket to the second match, for which there is no refund if you don't. There is no choice of seats. I don't know how many people use their interstate options. Popping over to Melbourne is not cheap for a weekend, and last year the ticketing was confusing. I couldn't get to Melbourne. If I go to Sydney I have relatives and I want to sit with them. I don't think the entitlements were well-explained in any case.

Still $170 is a joke, which might be $170 for one game!

It should be more like $50. Not many from WA can make the trek over to the east, so the "benefit" of attending SCG or MCG games.

How much is an Eagles or Dockers membership that gets them into all their home games. I bet its not 11 x $170.

Dockers is $375 for 11 home games-budget seats equivalent to the ones I had for the Swans/Eagles game last year. In the rain-for $100.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    This does not sound like good management by the club.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast