Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Demons to target Zac Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    When core executives leave one business to work at another business they very often take key clients and personnel with them. It happens routinely in the advertising, accounting and consulting industries. It's especially likely to happen if the executive has been kicked out the door of the organisation that he has devoted the best part of 20 years of continued service. Paul Roos has every right to go after and take the best assets of the Swans. "That business". "This is Business".
    I agree that that is business. However, in business you are normally required to sign a restraint of trade clause prior to employment. It's enforcability depends on the exclusiveness of the industry and the period of the restraint amongst other factors. I'm currently suing an ex-subcontractor for stealing a client from me. It's a clear cut case that we should win. I would think it unlikely that a restraint of trade clause would stand up in the AFL however as it is the nature of the industry that people move between clubs.

You also need to get this idea out of your head that the academy's success is solely because of Roos. Roos was paid extremely well for his work and a lot of other people worked within the academy as well.

Suspended by the MRP
    Whatever you make think of Paul Roos there is one question in the AFL that baffles me more than any other:

Despite similar coaching records why is Paul Roos seen as a coaching messiah, while Mark Williams has never secured another senior coaching job after his time at Port.

Both coaches got there teams to the finals most years. They have one flag apiece, one losing grand final appearance, one losing preliminary final appearance.

They both finished up at their respective clubs in 2010.

Why is Roos considered to be a much superior coach than Williams?

I believe the way you can deal with the media counts for a lot.

What do people think?

Happy and I know it
    This is a new topic, Matt80, so perhaps you could start a new thread under General Footy Forums for this?
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Suspended by the MRP
    Whatever you make think of Paul Roos there is one question in the AFL that baffles me more than any other:

Despite similar coaching records why is Paul Roos seen as a coaching messiah, while Mark Williams has never secured another senior coaching job after his time at Port.

Both coaches got there teams to the finals most years. They have one flag apiece, one losing grand final appearance, one losing preliminary final appearance.

They both finished up at their respective clubs in 2010.

Why is Roos considered to be a much superior coach than Williams?

I believe the way you can deal with the media counts for a lot.

What do people think?
    Roos comes across as a school principle in his public life. Mark Williams more of a tradie type blokes bloke. In private both are simliar.

Who would you respect and listen too, a tradie blokey bloke like what you see in the block or a head master? The AFL media thinks and treats Roos as some statesman.

Just wild about Harry
    Paul Roos was a good man-manager who had Lyon and Longmire in the coaching box with him in 2005. Tactically he was frustrating as a fan but as a manager he was very good.

Who would you hire?

No. Roos was effectively moved on. Any person who is asked to take a significant salary contract reduction (over 30%) would feel they are being moved on.

His performance at the Academy has been outstanding. Look at the fruit. Brandon Jack, Perris, Heeney, Davis and Hiscox. Mills's development can also be largely attributed to Roos.

Roos has every right to take what he can from the Swans.
    1. Roos chose to step down as coach of the Swans.

2. Roos chose to take on the role of Head Coach of the Academy knowing the salary was only for a period of years and then would be renegotiated. Due to him being the ex-head coach of the Swans he was offered far more than a Head Coach of an Academy could expect and he knew this.

3. Roos was always aware the salary would be coming down with the renegotiation. He chose a media contract instead.

4. When he decided to re-enter the AFL coaching arena he then made himself an enemy. Any player or coach that joins an opposing team is now an enemy as we are at war for the premiership with 17 other sides. We can still respect and love them but they are still the enemy. Love thy enemy LOL.

Every time there is a player who is of interest to other sides suddenly Roos is looking at them for Melbourne according to the press. Malceski was touted as going to Melbourne, he's at Suns. O'Keefe was supposed to go to Demons, he's assistant at Adelaide. There was a rumour Smithy wished to return to Melbourne, immediately Roos' name pops up. Now Zac's older brother has committed to finishing his career at Demons the press automatically link Zac to play with his brother. Roos is suddenly the Big Bad Wolf stealing all our sheep/cattle. I think it is funny.

Suspended by the MRP
    Well we did lose one of his sons to the dees! The boy who stood so proudly on the dais in 2005 with all his swans merch suddenly became a dee fan!

Just like how i wanted to erase baz from the 2005 podium i want to do the same with dylan and the other jnr roos.

Quote Originally Posted by JPK12 View Post
    Well we did lose one of his sons to the dees! The boy who stood so proudly on the dais in 2005 with all his swans merch suddenly became a dee fan!

Just like how i wanted to erase baz from the 2005 podium i want to do the same with dylan and the other jnr roos.
    Correct me if I am wrong JPK but Dylan & Tyler Roos cannot be drafted under the Father/Son rule as Roos only played 87 games for Sydney. The coaches & officials rule allowing sons of those to be father/son was abolished in 2012 I am led to believe. They are sons of a professional footballer and coach. In this they go dad and support him in whatever he is doing which is quite natural. I know you weren't talking father/son but a lot of people have. I don't think they owe us or the club any loyalty. Their father just worked for the Swans, it was a job. As for Baz we sacked him! Poor bastard was a bit hard done by I think. I realise his behaviour wasn't good but the way Roos handled that was poor. So much for being a good man manager. There are several players who hate Roos today, Andrew Dunkley being another.

Funny you should say that, I photoshopped the Jr. Roos kids out of the picture so I could frame it unblemished. Not a trace of them

I wanted to do that immediately after it happened!
    Call me an old grouch but in my opinion we the members deserved to be on that dais as much if not more so than those boys!

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    How come so many Swans fans carry on about Roos and how he's now the enemy, yet when Hawthorn fans boo Buddy, its wrong? Its football, players and coaches come and go and just because they're no longer part of the Swans family we should never forget what they did for us when they were.
    Spot on Jewels.

Owes us nothing. If he wasn't looking at recruiting from the Swans (one of the better teams/clubs in the comp) he wouldn't be doing his job correctly.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast