Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback on Latest Club Videos

I just caught up with some of the new-style videos. Ugh! I agree with comments early in this thread: too many close-ups, too much try-hard 'arty' touches, too little footy content, and that really annoying music in the background is painful!

Hope we don't have to put up with this video style all season.

Anyone sent a note to th media department yet?
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I just caught up with some of the new-style videos. Ugh! I agree with comments early in this thread: too many close-ups, too much try-hard 'arty' touches, too little footy content, and that really annoying music in the background is painful!

Hope we don't have to put up with this video style all season.
    It looks like they're going to do these vids for each player including close ups. First XR now Harry Marsh. I'm not sure that this change has occurred as a result of Tanya's departure or if it is just a coincidence.

BTW Tanya is working for Michelle Bridges. Not sure what her role is.

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Producing fitness videos?
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Suspended by the MRP
    I love this new approach, its stylish and the production is very high end. Its what a lot of international production houses are doing with sport docos. The close ups are a lot more intimate and give the players more personality than just them sitting there after training and answering Tanyas boring questions or just a standard shot using wide angle of the players doing boring training drills.

Well done on moving in the right direction.

Maybe those who attend training drills can record with their phones the circle work and upload it here or on youtube if thats what a few want here?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by JPK12 View Post
    I love this new approach, its stylish and the production is very high end. Its what a lot of international production houses are doing with sport docos. The close ups are a lot more intimate and give the players more personality than just them sitting there after training and answering Tanyas boring questions or just a standard shot using wide angle of the players doing boring training drills.

Maybe those who attend training drills can record with their phones the circle work and upload it here or on youtube if thats what a few want here?
    Why is it up to R & W On-liners to provide the visual material that keeps supporters at the club up to date on how the team as a whole is going???
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    I love this new approach, its stylish and the production is very high end.
    I don't mind the new style but to call it "very high end" is a stretch. The audio, mainly when done indoors, is still echoey (sp?), like it has been done in the toilets or a small room and shallow depth of field just because you have a fast lens can be boring.
    I hope they continue to try different things.
    I will be paying close attention to the media crew when they are up in here in Coffs in a few weeks.
    The club could call these new videos BWO (Black and White Online)
    Last edited by RogueSwan; 19th January 2015 at 04:51 PM. Reason: name dropping that they will be visiting my home town again.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    Producing fitness videos?
    [OT] My wife has done a couple of MB's courses and speaks highly of the process. There is a lot of video material to watch at once you sign up and quite a bit on the mental side of getting fit. I can imagine these would need reqular updating and would keep the "Palouch" (as I heard the boys call her) busy.
    [/OT]
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

It seems like we hired Lars von Trier to do our filming. It's got that Dogme style. Worked well in films like Dancer in the Dark, but don't think it suits sports videos. I'd rather see more kicking and contested marking without the arty stuff.

Suspended by the MRP
    Peeps these are player profiles. I doubt they will hire a DOP to shoot the training drills.

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar

In the case of a feature sports doco, you have a good point. These videos are on the shorter side though. It just doesn't work in its context.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast