Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback on Latest Club Videos

I like them

Senior Player
    They are fine for what they are (Player catchup etc). I think we all just want some pulled back footage of training and the players as an accompaniment. To see physical changes, freedom of movement (injuries), seeing greater range of players and a sense of being there,

Suspended by the MRP
    There are a heap of new videos on the swans site and i <3 them. This is exactly the production that fox/espn are doing with their stuff. This is high end stuff. Love the horse one "state of play" very well done and beats having to listen to horse sitting in the stand or on the sideline giving monotone replies. The in video footage and the narrow DOF is all levels of cinematic goodness.

This is the standard that australia lacked with their production in the past.

Keep it up swans media dept.

hhhmmm

i think they are different and there is some improvement on the training type videos

SwansTV - Swans Intra-club match - sydneyswans.com.au

I like the camera angles and the closeups etc

It does have more a TV feel though which I have mixed feelings about as i do like the rough and ready connected type of approach

Music has not been much chop ie on the video above ...........it doesnt make me feel much at all.....in fact it is a flop

I think some of the cutaways could be better edited ie some parts way to long on certain shots and I personally didnt like the filter in editing for the above video

I do miss Tania and her up beat conversational style and this needs to be dealt with asap as most of the interviews are very serious ! ........personally i enjoy a mix of the doco style of video work and the light hearted smiling players and interviewer
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Suspended by the MRP
    These are shot in a cinematic style. The previous stuff was shot on a DV cam and edited by the third cousin of the boot strapper who was a media studies student, there is no comparison.

Jp it depends what u want - ie not everyone wants to drive a BMW....some people are happy with the second hand bluebird

Personally I like a mix of up beat smiley interviews and also the more dramatic cinema style to quality vids

Suspended by the MRP
    haha yeah i guess. How about a second hand camira?

I'd just like more than a few pics and a 1 min. video......

It reminds me of a wedding video. You know the teaser they give you before you hand over $10K. After a long off season I am desperate for some footy. Any footy. Surely 5 minutes of highlights isn't too much to ask for.

Opti-pessi-misti
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying South View Post
    It reminds me of a wedding video. You know the teaser they give you before you hand over $10K. After a long off season I am desperate for some footy. Any footy. Surely 5 minutes of highlights isn't too much to ask for.
    +1

SwansTV - Golf with the Swans - sydneyswans.com.au

this one does not work at all

the life has been sucked out of the footage

there is no emotion

we have music from mars and the lads dont appear human either video'd in this manor
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Suspended by the MRP
    wow a wedding video?

Not suprised as most of you have the standards of someone who videos something in potato quality.

Again you want camera phone footage..go to training and film it yourself.

I guess i have ultra high standards.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast