Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Feedback on Latest Club Videos

I don't mind it

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I see what you mean Ludwig. What gives with the use of slow motion footage? I find it infuriatingly annoying. It may be 'artsy' but if I want artsy I look elsewhere, not to my football club.
    Exactly. If I want "artsy" I go to an arthouse cinema film. If I want special effects, I go to a big budget Hollywood movie.

However, I prefer my football more in the style of a documentary, where content is the primary focus, not filmmaking. That's not to say that the context of the snippets that the Swans put on their website has always been great. Many are very lightweight, others banal. But the content certainly isn't enhanced by artsiness.

Suspended by the MRP
    Nothing wrong with having high standards and nothing wrong with enhancing the production. I have spoken to a few people and they love the new direction, the club must like it as well or else they would have stopped it.

But the reaction is expected, in the industry australia is well known as a creative blackhole, its why we have the worst ads in the world and why a lot of them seem like they were done for regional tv. Plus everytime someone dares to do something different you get the reactions like above.

"Whats with this arty farty crap i dunna loike it"

I hope they continue with the cinematic style, if you really want potato quality then send someone down there with a tiny camera phone and film it. Maybe a little bit of post someone can add some comic sans in 22pt flying in from the side in yellow while cheer cheer, which you recorded by putting the phone speaker next to another speaker, can play as the soundtrack. Thats the standard i expect from awessies.

"be tough, only when it gets tough"

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I know some will be revolted by the thought of watching a Collingwood video, but just from the perspective of the discussion on videos, how do think this one compares to what we are doing? It seems they are going at artsy as well.

Thursday: Magpies v Magpies - collingwoodfc.com.au
    Its not artsy at all, its the standard around the world now with a lot of production because a lot of the younger creatives are taking over. Try and tell a young production team that they are only to film one angle and the treatment in post has to be very minimal. Try and give them the brief that they are not to do any close up or different angles and they are not use close up lens.

See how long that lasts.

Perfect example - fox footy production as opposed to ch 7. Ch 7 still use their old team while fox use a younger team..and it shows.

This is the new standard with a lot of production, get used to it.
    Last edited by JPK12; 16th February 2015 at 08:20 PM.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post

Ive done that before when i needed to inspect for an annoying dust particle inside the lens. But hey lets laugh at him out of context hawhawhaw

Senior Player
    Very abrasive this chap.

It's football, nothing else. If you show football taking place, i want to see the field, the participants and the ball. That's it.

The interviews and quick cuts are fine in the new method. But anything else on the track, pull back, put it on a tripod and load up for us.

Suspended by the MRP
    Well it seems the swans like it and so do most fans. But this site is not for normal swans fan but a tiny select group of middle aged fans. I tried getting a few youngsters over here and they didnt want a part of it said it was too cliquey and filled with old people. meh.

Senior Player
    I'm 31? You come across younger i will admit.

"most fans" did you do a survey?

opinions are like .... we all have one. I think we know where you stand, so lets let people continue to express theirs without being howled down as Luddites and yokels.

Quote Originally Posted by JPK12 View Post
    Well it seems the swans like it and so do most fans. But this site is not for normal swans fan but a tiny select group of middle aged fans. I tried getting a few youngsters over here and they didnt want a part of it said it was too cliquey and filled with old people. meh.
    What is up with you JPK12? You are being antagonistic, argumentative, belligerent, combative, contentious, contrary, controversial, disagreeable, petulant and querulous (I couldn't make up my mind which to description to use) with virtually every post and thread on RWO. An internet forum can be a very enjoyable experience if approached with the right attitude, behavior and knowledge. You seem to be missing the right attitude and some may question your behaviour. Just as in life, if you're respectful to older members, you will earn some respect yourself in due time. Perhaps that is why some of your younger friends do not want to join.

Goes up to 11
    Lol.

I'm glad I did whatever I did to get into that select group!!!

couple_nursinghome.jpg
    "Did you read my post on RWO today, Liz?"

"Yes, you were very funny Ludwig."